Mysterious monolith appears in Utah desert

Started by Syt, November 25, 2020, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

QuoteChristian group tears down mysterious monolith on California mountain

A group of young men posted a video of themselves replacing the monolith, which was similar to one discovered in Utah, with a cross

In a video, which was livestreamed and posted online, the group of young men drive from southern California to tear down the structure. Under cover of darkness, they hike up to the structure and tear it down while chanting "Christ is king!". They then erect a homemade wooden cross in its place and drag the remains of the monolith down the mountain to their car.

During the video, the men also make offensive comments and drink substantial quantities of energy drinks, while also referencing Donald Trump and the QAnon conspiracy theory and their mission is to demonstrate "how much we love Jesus Christ".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 04, 2020, 01:29:41 PM
This story keeps getting better.  :lmfao:
I liked the initial story - but I just love the twists :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Was Jesus exceptionally hostile to monoliths, either in absolute terms or by the standards of his time?

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on December 04, 2020, 01:42:35 PM
Was Jesus exceptionally hostile to monoliths, either in absolute terms or by the standards of his time?

If you lust for monoliths you have committed idolatry in your heart.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

"Build thee not a monolith made of metal, for it will confuse the Albertans and fill them with wrath."

I'm pretty sure that is in the Bible footnotes.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: DGuller on December 04, 2020, 01:42:35 PM

He was more a trinilith sort of guy.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

To me the weirdest part of that story is the energy drinks.

HVC

Red Bull: for when the spirit  is willing, but the flesh is weak
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

25 fake quatloos says they are Monster guys.

HVC

:o

I am. something in red bull gives me headaches. Though i have had energy drinks in years. used to take them during inventory when i was running 12 hour days for a week to prepare, and a 16plus hour final day.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

I occasionally sub my morning coffee for Monster Rehab on really hot summer mornings. Those are basically cheap non-carbonated iced teas with an infusion of caffeine.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Richard Hakluyt