Started by Syt, November 25, 2020, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Apparently another monolith has appeared now in Romania...  :ph34r:

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on December 01, 2020, 04:21:39 PM

Or it got moved to Romania.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2020, 04:24:37 PM
Quote from: The Larch on December 01, 2020, 04:21:39 PM

Or it got moved to Romania.

The Romanian object (remember, not a monolith) had three sides, so it clearly wasn't the same one.

And it's also disappeared.   :ph34r:  :area52: :cthulu: :elvis: :tinfoil:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7493097/utah-monolith-romania/
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

How do you know this mysterious metal monolith is not capable of changing shape?

Syt

Meanwhile, a 2 meter tall phallus was stolen in Bavaria:

https://www.dw.com/en/bavaria-theft-of-wooden-phallus-landmark-puzzles-police/a-55784066#:~:text=Police%20in%20Bavaria%20are%20looking,mystery%2C%20disappeared%20over%20the%20weekend.

QuoteBavaria: Theft of wooden phallus landmark puzzles police

Police in Bavaria are looking for a 2-meter wooden penis sculpture that has become a celebrated local landmark in recent years. The phallus landmark, the origins of which remain a mystery, disappeared over the weekend.

Police in southern Germany say they are investigating the disappearance of a phallus-shaped wooden sculpture from a mountaintop, but that they are still not sure whether a crime has been committed.

The 2-meter-tall (almost 7-foot) object has grown in fame since it appeared overlooking the Allgäu region on the slopes of the Grünten, a mountain near Germany's border with Austria.

It provided a popular photo opportunity for walkers and gained widespread attention on social media — even attracting the moniker "Guardian of the Allgäu."

The phallus sculpture, which was still in place as late as Saturday evening, had a local beer named in its honor and was listed as a cultural landmark on Google Maps.

However, in the dead of night leading into Sunday, the timber landmark went missing.

Local newspaper the Allgäuer Zeitung reported that the sculpture appeared to have been chopped down over the weekend. The only sign that the 200-kilogram (440-pound) sculpture had ever been there was a pile of sawdust.

The mayor of the nearby town of Rettenberg, Nikolaus Weissinger, lamented the disappearance, which came two weeks after the monument attracted media attention for having toppled over.

"It's a real shame," Weissinger was quoted as saying by the Allgäuer Zeitung.

German news agency DPA said police in the Bavarian town of Kempten was investigating the disappearance. However, police said that given that the original owner was unknown, it was unclear whether there could be a prosecution.

"We don't know if it amounts to a criminal act or not," said a police spokesman.

According to local lore, the sculpture was made as a joke birthday present for a young man. However, his family didn't appreciate the gift, and found a new home for it high in the hills.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 01, 2020, 04:31:49 PM
How do you know this mysterious metal monolith is not capable of changing shape?

Not a monolith.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on December 01, 2020, 04:36:02 PM

Not a monolith.

Trilith, because of the three sides, right?

I think I'm getting the hang of this.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 01, 2020, 04:38:37 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 01, 2020, 04:36:02 PM

Not a monolith.

Trilith, because of the three sides, right?

I think I'm getting the hang of this.

:yes:  It's not a monolith if it has more than one side.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

What about wooden phallus?  Is it capable of changing shape?  By definition is shouldn't be, but the terminology can get a little confusing.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Maximus

Quote from: DGuller on December 01, 2020, 04:53:14 PM
What about wooden phallus?  Is it capable of changing shape?  By definition is shouldn't be, but the terminology can get a little confusing.
Only with enough sheep.

The Brain

Maybe it's an old Phallus Athena cult that has survived in the Bavaria hill country?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

It is definitely religious.  Likely a Phallus See.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

I wonder if those Raelian dudes have an opinion on these?  I can't think of the last time we heard from that Rael guy or his spokeslady (the one who looks like a shark).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Well duh, I just checked his website and of course he commented:

"It is illegal to install structures or art without authorisation on federally managed public lands, no matter what planet you're from," the department said. Human beings are soooo funny!  That is why we need an embassy... .
:hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points