What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2021, 02:51:14 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 15, 2021, 02:08:34 PM
I see this forum has gone full woke.

No, I think our transgender megathread prevents us from collecting any woke badges.
Don't worry, your snarky attempts to shut down discussions won't go unnoticed when it comes time to hand out badges.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 15, 2021, 03:03:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2021, 02:51:14 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 15, 2021, 02:08:34 PM
I see this forum has gone full woke.

No, I think our transgender megathread prevents us from collecting any woke badges.
Don't worry, your snarky attempts to shut down discussions won't go unnoticed when it comes time to hand out badges.

I don't even understand how any of that applies.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

There is definitely tension between the center-left and the wokies.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

With the right wing in the condition it is within the US, every rational human being is left of centre. There is bound to be disagreement within that large a tent.

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 15, 2021, 05:03:18 PM
There is definitely tension between the center-left and the wokies.

Since there's no definition of "wokies" that means anything outside the circle using a given definition, I think that your "definitely" is a figment of your own desires.  In fact, I am not aware of any group that calls itself "wokies."  The very name seems like a slur used by fascists (see the urban dictionary for evidence of this).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

grumbler

I don't know why the unwoke have to make up these ridiculous terms.  The woke know that the term for woke people is "woke." 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on July 15, 2021, 09:55:48 PM
Wookie?

Woke Wookies, or "wokies", are into cancel culture - they demand the cancellation of the Star Wars Holiday Special.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Razgovory

I'm more of a "wake".  As in I oppose Norman oppression.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Merkel made her final visit at the White House as chancellor of Germany.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

The rug and wallpapers change more often than I thought. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.