Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 04:07:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 30, 2021, 03:58:12 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 03:44:25 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2021, 03:42:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 03:25:03 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2021, 03:15:32 PM
You really take this stuff personally though.

I'm not taking it personally at all.  Fuck you and have a nice day. :)

It's very amusing how intentionally insulting you are towards people who disagree with you, and I don't doubt that you imagine it is in response to some kind of actual slight. But the slight is just....disagreeing with you.

:jaron:

You are coming across rather odd in this exchange. I'm not sure why you'd want to defend the train wreck of the American Right.

:moon:

It is okay to walk away from the computer when your emotions get away from you
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on June 30, 2021, 04:11:54 PM
BB gave an opening to end it by his humorous fuck you post. But Berkut just can't help himself.

Since when does BB get to decide when people should stop posting on a topic? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Every post is an opening to end the conversation as long as no one replies.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on June 30, 2021, 04:13:19 PM
BB gave an opening to end it by his humorous fuck you post. But Berkut just can't help himself.

Since when does BB get to decide when people should stop posting on a topic? :huh:

:hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on June 30, 2021, 04:15:36 PM

I think he was President of Languish at one point. He could have closed the topic and banned us all back then.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

I believe that he still is, according to himself.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2021, 04:19:53 PM

I think he was President of Languish at one point. He could have closed the topic and banned us all back then.

:grr:

Fuck you too!  I still AM the President of Languish!  No President was ever elected to replace me!  :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I9AdLnjP0M

I just decided to google a reagan joke. I've heard this one before, knew exactly where it was going, and still laughed. He was really good at telling jokes.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on June 30, 2021, 04:26:01 PM

I just decided to google a reagan joke. I've heard this one before, knew exactly where it was going, and still laughed. He was really good at telling jokes.

His line "I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience" was an absolute masterstroke at how to take away his own disadvantage.  It even elicited a laugh from Mondale.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on June 30, 2021, 04:15:03 PM
Every post is an opening to end the conversation as long as no one replies.
:hmm: I guess that's one way to do it, but surely it's more effective to post five times that you're done with the conversation? :unsure:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 04:29:51 PM

His line "I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience" was an absolute masterstroke at how to take away his own disadvantage.  It even elicited a laugh from Mondale.

Mondale later said he knew he was dead man walking after that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2021, 04:35:31 PM

It's not like there was anything to worry about with Reagan's age, was there?  That's another Reagan legacy:  using aw-shucks to successfully laugh away serious issues.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 04:25:00 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2021, 04:19:53 PM

:grr:

Fuck you too!  I still AM the President of Languish!  No President was ever elected to replace me!  :contract:

I love democracy.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on June 30, 2021, 04:39:34 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2021, 04:35:31 PM

It's not like there was anything to worry about with Reagan's age, was there?  That's another Reagan legacy:  using aw-shucks to successfully laugh away serious issues.

By today's standards Reagan was a bit young, that is true. But projecting current sensibilities onto the past is always risky.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 03:41:54 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2021, 03:37:34 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 03:36:21 PM
Rock Hudson coming out as having AIDS seemed like a big deal in (checks) 1985.

Ninja'd by Sheilbh. <_<

True. I was a kid and had never heard of Rock Hudson so that event probably didn't register with me at the time. 1985 also seems to be a turning point at least according to this thread.

I'd never heard of him either as a kid, but the media seemed to make a big deal about it.

Rock Hudson was a big deal.  You kids don't remember the greats  :ultra: