News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Also, this picture from his tour of Florida visiting areas affected by Hurricane Ian seems to be part of The Onion's "Diamond Joe" pieces.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

I thought Barry had already done this.

Valmy

Well he is also asking for Pot to be reclassified. That, to me, is the main thing. decriminalize it on a Federal level is one of the main things I want him to do. And hurry it up, the election is approaching.

Quote from: BrandonFirst: I'm pardoning all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession. There are thousands of people who were previously convicted of simple possession who may be denied employment, housing, or educational opportunities as a result. My pardon will remove this burden.

Second: I'm calling on governors to pardon simple state marijuana possession offenses. Just as no one should be in a federal prison solely for possessing marijuana, no one should be in a local jail or state prison for that reason, either.

Third: We classify marijuana at the same level as heroin – and more serious than fentanyl. It makes no sense. I'm asking @SecBecerra and the Attorney General to initiate the process of reviewing how marijuana is scheduled under federal law.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

The attack ads I'm seeing on the Democratic candidate for Congress in my district have been focusing exclusively on Defund The Police.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 07, 2022, 02:46:30 PMThe attack ads I'm seeing on the Democratic candidate for Congress in my district have been focusing exclusively on Defund The Police.

They know that is a winning move. The fact that that was just a policy by radical activists and not the Congressional Democrats doesn't matter  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Minsky Moment

the GOP is actually running on a defund the police platform, however.  Gut the IRS and make the nation safe for tax fraudsters.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on October 07, 2022, 03:06:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 07, 2022, 02:46:30 PMThe attack ads I'm seeing on the Democratic candidate for Congress in my district have been focusing exclusively on Defund The Police.

They know that is a winning move. The fact that that was just a policy by radical activists and not the Congressional Democrats doesn't matter  :P

Seems dumb...it is like they have one playbook with like 3 plays and they just run those plays regardless of the situation. Why not focus on inflation and the deficit?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on October 07, 2022, 04:37:58 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 07, 2022, 03:06:14 PM

Seems dumb...it is like they have one playbook with like 3 plays and they just run those plays regardless of the situation. Why not focus on inflation and the deficit?

If I were to guess it is because the culture wars don't care about that sort of thing.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVne0kZENM

Tulsi Gabbard announces she is leaving the Democratic Party.

This broad has been on a bizarre political journey.  I'd guess she ends up on Fox but who knows.

The Minsky Moment

United Russia has no American branch for her to join.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 11, 2022, 07:31:14 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVne0kZENM

This broad has been on a bizarre political journey.  I'd guess she ends up on Fox but who knows.

Her reasoning is bizarre. So she was a right wing populist this whole time and for some reason thought the Democrats were the right wing populist party?

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 11, 2022, 07:31:14 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVne0kZENM

She has been on Fox for some time now.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on October 12, 2022, 01:03:11 AM

She has been on Fox for some time now.

Yeah she regularly subs for one of their shows I understand. Tucker I think? Regardless her reasons for leaving the Democratic Party were just right wing talking points not any real critique of the Democrats that I would expect from an actual disillusioned Democrat.

The Larch

Every time I read anything about Tulsi Gabbard she always sounded like an undercover Republican within the Democratic party, so I doubt that her leaving the Dems will have any profound effect after all.