News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on October 12, 2022, 12:44:38 PMEvery time I read anything about Tulsi Gabbard she always sounded like an undercover Republican within the Democratic party, so I doubt that her leaving the Dems will have any profound effect after all.
Yeah watching her during her campaign and she reminded me a bit of Glenn Greenwald.

I think Sinema may end up on a similar (if less loopy version) from Green to Fox commentator.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

My voting starts Wednesday.  When does y'all's start?

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 18, 2022, 02:08:49 AMMy voting starts Wednesday.  When does y'all's start?

:cool:

I think the Biden administration has done a sterling* job containing Putin's  war and communicating to him the dire consequence of any nuclear/chemical/bio escalation.

Though the full story of how they handled the Ukraine war won't come out for a fair few years.

* no irony intended.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 20, 2022, 01:54:40 AMI voted.  :)

Thanks for the reminder. I just barely made it in past the deadline to get my ballot sent to me. :cheers:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on October 20, 2022, 06:17:47 AMMost consequential vote of your life?

Every vote is "the election of our life time!"

Or at  least every vote every two years.

Early voting starts in Texas on Monday and I fully expect to vote that morning as per usual.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Wasn't there an election yesterday in Georgia? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Josquius on October 21, 2022, 04:58:05 AMWasn't there an election yesterday in Georgia? :unsure:

If you mean the Senate mid-term one, it's in 3 weeks.

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on October 21, 2022, 04:58:05 AMWasn't there an election yesterday in Georgia? :unsure:

There are elections someplace in the US all the time, but the big one is in early November.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on October 20, 2022, 06:17:47 AMMost consequential vote of your life?

Most consequential mid term I'd say.

Polls don't look good for Iowa races.

Valmy

Voted!

I hope all you Americans on here get out there and cast your ballot soon.

Habbaku

I voted.

Not looking forward to the next two years of lunatics running the House.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

alfred russel

Quote from: Habbaku on October 24, 2022, 07:30:17 PMI voted.

Not looking forward to the next two years of lunatics running the House.

It may be for the best. The next year is likely to be tough economically and without shared power that is all going to be on Biden. Spending is going to be constrained by inflation concerns and the deficit, so it doesn't seem like the next two years will have a ton of opportunity to do much legislatively whoever controls congress.

2024 is not only a presidential election year, but unlike this year the democrats are defending a fuckton of at risk senators...a wipe out in 2024 would be far worse than one in 2022.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014