And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2020, 11:22:27 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 06, 2020, 11:12:00 PM
Yeah Valmy has been listening to Trump too much these past four years.

Very true.

I wasn't saying that Joe shouldn't say things like that I was just saying how it felt under the circumstances.
no I know, it feels weird after all this time.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Well, it's been fun, but the last few pages here and in a few other topics have reminded me why I rarely visit anymore. Apparently we can agree on it being good that Trump is gone and remarkably little else.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

There's too much agreement here, wtf are you looking for?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2020, 12:14:25 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2020, 12:09:08 PM
Oh I was definitely calling out your claim of being a Never Trumper.  Turns out it was always only about the front man and not his policies.

There's lots I don't like about Trump's policies - his insistence on trade wars, his in-your-face-racism, his unconcern with the debt.

But would I have supported a sane, rational person who ran on that same platform, when the opponent was Hillary?  I dunno - it's hard to tease out where the insanity begins in his overall policy platform.
How can this not be disqualifying, in and of itself?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 07, 2020, 12:08:49 AM
Well, it's been fun, but the last few pages here and in a few other topics have reminded me why I rarely visit anymore. Apparently we can agree on it being good that Trump is gone and remarkably little else.

:unsure: Oh I guess I missed our ferocious disagreement.

Well fair enough. Hope you drop by again at some point.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 07, 2020, 12:08:49 AM

Girl
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the White House... :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2020, 10:25:42 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2020, 08:17:37 PM
Yeah I didn't hear too much about the court packing. I think everyone knew Biden would never do that.

I didn't know he wouldn't. He refused to answer the question. How did everyone else know he wouldn't.

Because he did answer the question.  He said he wasn't a fan of the idea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

When will this be over? And when it is over, will the republicans rage about The Steal as long as the Democrats did over Russian meddling?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

Quote from: Liep on November 07, 2020, 05:06:44 AM
When will this be over? And when it is over, will the republicans rage about The Steal as long as the Democrats did over Russian meddling?

No.

Far longer. Remember, Benghazi is still a thing.

Syt

Quote from: Liep on November 07, 2020, 05:06:44 AM

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

So will they continue their 1 vote/minute count over the weekend or we are paused now until Monday?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on November 07, 2020, 05:51:07 AM
So will they continue their 1 vote/minute count over the weekend or we are paused now until Monday?
Absolutely love Nevada who've announced they won't be done until 12 November because there is absolutely no sense of urgency to any of this :lol:

We need to send an emergency delegation of the grannies of Sunderland South.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Something to pass the time while they count an extra vote or two in PA.

If Joe Biden wins, George Soros will wreck our savior Donald J. Trump.

Sheilbh

Black Lives Matter will take away Thomas Jefferson.

Plausible :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!