News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 06, 2020, 07:01:08 AM
For the past few days my mornings have started with Wolf Blitzer and my nights have ended with Wolf Blitzer. :hmm:
RIGHT NOW
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 07:02:34 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 06, 2020, 07:01:08 AM
For the past few days my mornings have started with Wolf Blitzer and my nights have ended with Wolf Blitzer. :hmm:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/astronomers-discover-hell-planet-k2-141b-rock-rain-lava-oceans/ :hmm:
QuoteScientists discover bizarre hell planet where it rains rocks and oceans are made of lava

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

If Biden takes all except NC he will hit 306 EV, the exact same number Trump got in 2016.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

alfred russel

There was a ton of talk this cycle about South Carolina flipping. There was some commentary that it is getting bluer, but may be a cycle or two away. The GOP senate candidate (Graham) was running a few points behind Trump, and democrats poured money into SC for that race--over $100 million.

Trump won SC by 11.6%. Graham won SC by 10.3%.

You know a democratic state that had a comparable margin to SC for Biden? Votes are still being counted, but Biden is currently up 12.7% in New York.

Imagine if the Republicans lit $100 million+ on fire to support a Senate candidate in NY that lost by double digits. There are some problems with resource allocation/expectations.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Come on, NY is not going to Biden by 12 points, but yes, a lot of bad resource allocation decisions were made due to bad polls.

celedhring

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2020, 07:44:25 AM
Come on, NY is not going to Biden by 12 points, but yes, a lot of bad resource allocation decisions were made due to bad polls.

Is it not? I literally just went down a list of states with reported votes and picked the democratic state that seemed the closest. :P

It says 99% reporting--is there a massive wave of Biden votes still out?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: alfred russel on November 06, 2020, 07:39:29 AM
Imagine if the Republicans lit $100 million+ on fire to support a Senate candidate in NY that lost by double digits. There are some problems with resource allocation/expectations.
It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of money spent by, say, the DSCC and how much is Democrat donors? Because the issue may be that less that they're allocating it wrong, but that their donor base are easily seduced by shiny ads/social media hype rather than donating to the DSCC who might spend that money better.

I get the impression that Republican money is more likely to be funneld through the NRSC. I could be wrong.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on November 06, 2020, 07:48:01 AM

Is it not? I literally just went down a list of states with reported votes and picked the democratic state that seemed the closest. :P

Where are you seeing that?  On NYT, it's nowhere near that.  There is also a note saying that mail in results are not released yet, only in person early voting and Election Day voting results are released.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2020, 07:54:46 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 06, 2020, 07:48:01 AM

Where are you seeing that?  On NYT, it's nowhere near that.  There is also a note saying that mail in results are not released yet, only in person early voting and Election Day voting results are released.

RealClearPolitics.

So that could be it. The data is wrong.

The Larch

Quote from: alfred russel on November 06, 2020, 07:39:29 AMThere was a ton of talk this cycle about South Carolina flipping.

No there wasn't. There was talk about Texas and Georgia, but never S. Carolina.

Caliga

Quote from: alfred russel on November 06, 2020, 07:39:29 AM
Yeah, like I said, it was laughable how much money the national Democrats pumped into the KY Senate race.  McGrath was never, ever, EVER going to unseat Mitch McConnell.  They seem to just like to set money on fire.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on November 06, 2020, 07:59:17 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 06, 2020, 07:39:29 AMThere was a ton of talk this cycle about South Carolina flipping.

No there wasn't. There was talk about Texas and Georgia, but never S. Carolina.

I'm getting Biden up +18 with 84% reporting.