Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2020, 05:18:25 AM
Who dat
The Philadelphia Flyers mascot, Gritty - who has been providing exactly the sort of chaotic look and energy of the last four years:
QuotePhiladelphia Flyers mascot Gritty accused of punching child

Popular orange-haired mascot accused of punching teenager
    Police confirm 'active and on-going' investigation of assault
:lol:

Edit: Gritty also became like an anti-pepe the frog online for a while:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/nov/27/gritty-flyers-mascot-antifa-pepe-the-frog
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

It's Gritty, mascot of the Philadelphia Flyers hockey team and working class hero.

Sheilbh

So Biden's now ahead by 10k in Georgia which is looking almost finished. Obviously Georgia (and probably Arizona) will be very close and go to recounts. But if that lead holds and Biden wins Georgia there is no way Trump can win outright and the best he could hope for is 269-269 (even if Trump wins Pennsylvania, Nevada and Arizona).
Let's bomb Russia!

Solmyr

Where are you seeing 10k in Georgia?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Solmyr on November 06, 2020, 05:46:27 AM
Not entirely sure it was just someone posting figures so there is a strong risk I may have got that wrong through bad mental math :o  :Embarrass:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 05:20:55 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2020, 05:18:25 AM
Who dat
The Philadelphia Flyers mascot, Gritty - who has been providing exactly the sort of chaotic look and energy of the last four years:
QuotePhiladelphia Flyers mascot Gritty accused of punching child

Popular orange-haired mascot accused of punching teenager
    Police confirm 'active and on-going' investigation of assault
:lol:

Edit: Gritty also became like an anti-pepe the frog online for a while:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/nov/27/gritty-flyers-mascot-antifa-pepe-the-frog

Seems on brand for Philly sports fans. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

It was said that as long as Trump had a Twitter account he'd still be an important figure in political discourse. Now, about that, Twitter itself has something to say.

QuoteTrump could lose more than just the presidency this January. Twitter has confirmed that, if he leaves office in January, as now seems increasingly likely, he will no longer receive special treatment as "newsworthy individual".

Twitter's policy around newsworthiness protects certain people – such as elected officials with more than 250,000 followers – from having their accounts suspended or banned for rule infractions which would otherwise lead to severe penalties.

That policy is what has led to the company muting, but not removing, 12 tweets and counting from the president over the past week, as he continues to break the social network's rules about casting doubt on the democratic process.

But, Twitter has confirmed, the policy does not apply to former elected officials. They have to follow the same rules as everyone else, and if a tweet breaks those rules, it gets removed – with the account potentially following for regular offenders.

That will present Trump with a choice, if he is indeed removed from office in late January: either tone down the rhetoric, just as the humiliation bites hardest, or face the prospect of his hugely influential following being taken away from him.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 05:50:46 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on November 06, 2020, 05:46:27 AM
Not entirely sure it was just someone posting figures so there is a strong risk I may have got that wrong through bad mental math :o  :Embarrass:
He's up just over 1k
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I correct my earlier post about the press having generally sensible takes.

QuoteIt's Gritty, mascot of the Philadelphia Flyers hockey team and working class hero.

ANNOUNCEMENT. I NOW HAVE A (ice. Not real) HOCKEY TEAM.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas