News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I like that all the reporting of what trump is saying is being kept very low key and being sure to pull no punches, rather than sitting on the fence and going "there is yet to be proof of any fraud", outright saying "this is a lie".
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on November 05, 2020, 07:39:39 PM
Any reactions to the Trump White house televised statement?

I had it on, but I literally fell asleep as soon as he started.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2020, 07:39:20 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on November 05, 2020, 07:23:23 PM
Yeah, sorry, I had a tough time creating new ballots on short request last night.
Paper ballots are a bitch, aren't they?  :( I hope these crazy times will be over soon, and we'll get back to voting on machines protected by "12345" passwords.

My hand hurts. Switching to southpaw for a bit started to make the signatures look weird and I don't think that we have that many registered voters with cerebral palsy, so I stopped after a couple hundred.

Also, fuck you, the passwords were changed to "Kemp2022!" last year.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Trump leads by 63,000
250,000 ballots left in PA.
Biden has been getting 75% of said mail in ballots so far.

You guys do the math.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on November 05, 2020, 08:08:34 PM
Trump leads by 63,000

You guys do the math.

61,000 vote Biden victory. Assuming he continues getting 75% of course.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

I see 370,000 not 250,000...

But either way.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Okay, for Trump to win he needs both Georgia and Pennsylvania and either Nevada and or Arizona.  Every other scenario causes Biden to win (I wasn't counting North Carolina-that seems like a given for Trump).

This is a very possible scenario.  Trump leads in Pennsylvania and Georgia but weirdly Biden's people think they will win.  Biden leads Nevada and Arizona but the margins are so then and the number of uncounted ballots is so high I don't don't think you can even say they really lean either way.

The idea that Biden could win in Georgia seems preposterous to me, but everyone seems to think Biden has a shot.

Jesus Christ, I'm nervous.  Like so nervous that I'm in pain.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on November 05, 2020, 08:23:02 PM
Okay, for Trump to win he needs both Georgia and Pennsylvania and either Nevada and or Arizona.  Every other scenario causes Biden to win (I wasn't counting North Carolina-that seems like a given for Trump).

This is a very possible scenario.  Trump leads in Pennsylvania and Georgia but weirdly Biden's people think they will win.  Biden leads Nevada and Arizona but the margins are so then and the number of uncounted ballots is so high I don't don't think you can even say they really lean either way.

The idea that Biden could win in Georgia seems preposterous to me, but everyone seems to think Biden has a shot.

Jesus Christ, I'm nervous.  Like so nervous that I'm in pain.
NV is a done deal.  There is no path for Trump there.  So Trump really has to get all three remaining states, Biden getting any one of them is game over.  AZ may look legitimately questionable, but surely one of PA or GA has to not have a massive fuck-up that would mess up the math indicating that Biden would eventually take the lead.

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2020, 03:51:15 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 04, 2020, 03:10:07 PM
Just wondering, what is the chance that it wasn't polling that was garbage, but vote counting?  We don't know how many ballots are considered voided, do we?  Maybe it's a horrifically high number.

I have a suspicion that the reason is Covid.  The Biden campaign was loath to do the normal things like drag people to the polls on election day out of fear of spreading Covid.  Trump's people had no such fear as they don't seem to value human life.

So I wasn't the only one to think this.  I read something about how the lack of canvassing, etc pretty much deep-sixed Democratic efforts in Houston.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2020, 08:20:35 PM
I see 370,000 not 250,000...

But either way.
Sorry that was number thrown out by the numbers guy Kornacki(sp?) on MSNBC

11B4V

Quote from: katmai on November 05, 2020, 08:08:34 PM
Trump leads by 63,000

You guys do the math.

CNN dude says Biden has to pull an average of 63% to catch and pass Trump. He's been exceeding that with ease.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".