Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on November 05, 2020, 06:44:19 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2020, 06:18:39 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 05, 2020, 05:17:17 PM
I'm more upset that it's even this close. We're talking about a toddler versus an old man. This really shouldn't be that hard.

Both were shitty candidates.  I'm happy to have voted third party again this time. 

I don't think a close race is what should bug you.  What should bug you is how Trump increased his support among LGBT and minority voters.

Considering how OH went, I'm okay with you voting for Jo. :cheers:

Was hoping you'd approve.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on November 05, 2020, 07:23:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2020, 07:09:35 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 05, 2020, 07:02:25 PM
Georgia now at Trump lead of 3,635

Atlanta metro is area left to still bring in votes apparently.

He only needs 57% of the remaining votes to pull ahead. Pretty nuts.

Yeah, sorry, I had a tough time creating new ballots on short request last night.

Yeah ok let's not even make jokes like this under the current atmosphere  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Looks like a block came in for PA.  Joe needs 63,427 with 372,392 lefft.

Admiral Yi

A win in GA would take a lot of the sting out of this dud of a blue wave.

katmai

Looking good as new report from Forsyth, GA  mail ballots, Biden 1400+, Trump 1,300+. In a place Trump was winning 60% of already counted votes.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2020, 07:09:35 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 05, 2020, 07:02:25 PM
Georgia now at Trump lead of 3,635

Atlanta metro is area left to still bring in votes apparently.

He only needs 57% of the remaining votes to pull ahead. Pretty nuts.

Yeah, sorry, I had a tough time creating new ballots on short request last night.
They'd all be for Jorgensen anyways  :rolleyes: :glare:

Sophie Scholl

I'd love to see Biden top Trump's 306 from 2016. A feat which is still quite possible I believe.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

DGuller

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 05, 2020, 06:44:33 PM
I've seen a lot of posts by gay men who are Trump supporters. I don't know if it is a local thing/the mutuals we share or what, but it definitely seems like a "I got mine and fuck everyone else" type of attitude in place. Also, most are slightly above average in terms of wealth for the area. People valuing a few dollars more then their own health, safety, and rights or the desire to unleash the hurt and pain they went through on others has always rubbed me the wrong way and left me baffled. Especially when the groups they are now cutting off are the very, very thing shield preventing them from being the primary target once again instead of just a secondary one for a moment. It isn't like Republicans have accepted gay and lesbian people, they've just downgraded them as targets and are still a prime target for people as close to power as the vice presidency. Just... baffling. It's like Irish and Italian Americans becoming the most Conservative and hateful groups and enforcers for the current status quo as soon as they vaguely were accepted by the ruling elite. It's like if they don't yell louder and fight harder for the old masters they'll be sent back with the "lesser" groups. They've been let inside the fence, but they'll never get into the manor house from the yard yet they'll be damned if anyone else gets over the fence or let in.
I don't think that well-off people are supporting Republicans because they want to save a buck on taxes.  I the dynamic in play is more that people lose their empathy as they become more successful.  They lose their empathy both out of arrogance, as well as out of simply losing touch with how people who are not as unfortunate live, even if they lived that lifestyle themselves not too long ago.

katmai

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 05, 2020, 07:32:33 PM
I'd love to see Biden top Trump's 306 from 2016. A feat which is still quite possible I believe.
I think he can only match it, no?

DGuller

Paper ballots are a bitch, aren't they?  :( I hope these crazy times will be over soon, and we'll get back to voting on machines protected by "12345" passwords.

mongers

Any reactions to the Trump White house televised statement?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on November 05, 2020, 07:39:39 PM

It's the same stuff he has been saying for years.

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on November 05, 2020, 07:39:39 PM

He looked knackered.