News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Valmy

Yeah usually I am relieved when these elections are over so everybody can go about their business and come back together.

But now it seems the Presidential election, and all its chaos, is an all day every day thing forever. At least for awhile.

Eventually people will get tired.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zoupa on November 06, 2020, 01:54:10 PM
Cheesesteaks are one of the worst things I've ever eaten. Shit meat with shit cheese with shit bread. It's not even good as a fast food.

I agree.  I really looked forward to the first one I ate.  I had heard so much about them.  Didn't have a second.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2020, 02:35:46 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 06, 2020, 02:30:53 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 02:26:24 PM
Two days in and Republicans are starting to care about the debt/deficit - predictable and inevitable but still shameless:
QuoteSenate committee talk from Graham: If we keep the Senate which I think we will and I become Budget chairman. I'd like to create a dialogue about how can we finally begin to address the debt.

Case in point on my issues with the Republican Party.  <_<

Just because Lindsey Graham is a galactic-sized hypocrite doesn't mean he's wrong.

Apologist to the end

merithyn

Two days in and Republicans are starting to care about the debt/deficit - predictable and inevitable but still shameless:
QuoteSenate committee talk from Graham: If we keep the Senate which I think we will and I become Budget chairman. I'd like to create a dialogue about how can we finally begin to address the debt.

Just because Lindsey Graham is a galactic-sized hypocrite doesn't mean he's wrong.

:lol:

Yeah, okay....  :rolleyes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

I guess BB should ask himself what he would think if the Conservative Party consistently made a big deal about something and then consistently undermined that very issue everytime they were in government would he continually think they were saying it in good faith?

Maybe this time the Republicans will take the debt seriously?

I am honestly still worn out from going around and around about this during the Obama Presidency only for the Republicans to blow up the debt AGAIN for no goddamn reason the second they had power.

Though Mitch has promised to try to get another stimulus through in the dead period. Maybe Lindsey is jumping the gun starting this farce going.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

merithyn

There is admittedly a piece of me that's interested - in a macabre way - to see how Graham revamps himself now that Trump is gone. Will he remain a Trump sycophant? Or will he morph to be a McConnel sycophant? What will that look like?

He's such a snake that his face makes me nearly as sick as McConnell's does. Still... like a train wreck, there's an interest in seeing how it turns out.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

And again no populist party gives a fuck about debts. If the pre-Trump Republicans didn't care about it the post-Trump will care even less.

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on November 06, 2020, 03:07:40 PM
There is admittedly a piece of me that's interested - in a macabre way - to see how Graham revamps himself now that Trump is gone. Will he remain a Trump sycophant? Or will he morph to be a McConnel sycophant? What will that look like?

He's such a snake that his face makes me nearly as sick as McConnell's does. Still... like a train wreck, there's an interest in seeing how it turns out.

My wife had an answer to that, and it involved introducing the lot of them to a pit filled with fire ants ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2020, 03:04:51 PM

I am honestly still worn out from going around and around about this during the Obama Presidency only for the Republicans to blow up the debt AGAIN for no goddamn reason the second they had power.

The GOP is probably acting in bad faith here, sure.

But that doesn't mean President Biden should just ignore the issue!  US budget deficit is going to hit $3 trillion dollars in 2020, adding to almost $27 trillion dollars in national debt.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Eddie S. Glaude about Trump in the political context of America:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1158569576168402945?s=20
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2020, 03:11:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2020, 03:04:51 PM

The GOP is probably acting in bad faith here, sure.

But that doesn't mean President Biden should just ignore the issue!  US budget deficit is going to hit $3 trillion dollars in 2020, adding to almost $27 trillion dollars in national debt.

No he shouldn't. It is a threat to the entire future of the United States.

God I will never not be mad about 2001. The idea we can just cut taxes and grow out of the debt is a lie. We have to do the austerity measures necessary.

Tamas

Any particular reason you suddenly feel the need to defend these fucking gang of spineless sleezeballs who were quite alright to close rank and follow this utter piece of shit Trump?

Tamas

Anyways, nice of them to already signal what will be the excuse to just refuse to do anything with the country for 4 years.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2020, 03:14:30 PM
No he shouldn't. It is a threat to the entire future of the United States.

God I will never not be mad about 2001. The idea we can just cut taxes and grow out of the debt is a lie. We have to do the austerity measures necessary.

Yes, but austerity won't win votes.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.