News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on November 05, 2020, 02:51:06 PM
So long as it doesn't change the election outcome, i want Arizona to go to Trump.

My girlfriend has for days been refusing to discuss the possibility of Arizona being up in the air, because it has been "called". She is dismissive as though I'm a madman for thinking the AP experts would be wrong, or that Fox would do something unjustified that was pro democrat.

Arizona would force her to recognize my genius, just as covid-19 will force you guys once it becomes clear how awesome my takes were.
I'm not sure your expectations of how people react to being proven wrong are grounded in reality.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on November 05, 2020, 02:41:56 PM
Are democrats going to lose the house?

Only if these mail in votes in California suddenly go very red.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2020, 03:00:54 PM
I'm not sure your expectations of how people react to being proven wrong are grounded in reality.

"In a family argument, if it turns out you are right, apologize at once."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2020, 03:01:27 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 05, 2020, 02:41:56 PM
Are democrats going to lose the house?

Only if these mail in votes in California suddenly go very red.

Maybe I shouldn't have voted a straight Peace and Freedom ticket...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sheilbh

So just saw this:
QuoteChris Wallace says the Fox Decision Desk is sticking with their AZ call, and that Biden picking up Nevada would put him at 270 under their tally.

The fact that this has come up multiple times and Fox are discussing it suggests to me that their Decision Desk team must be seeing/know something that is making them not withdraw their call.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Oh bunch of expected Georgia votes went away :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 05, 2020, 03:06:04 PM
So just saw this:
QuoteChris Wallace says the Fox Decision Desk is sticking with their AZ call, and that Biden picking up Nevada would put him at 270 under their tally.

The fact that this has come up multiple times and Fox are discussing it suggests to me that their Decision Desk team must be seeing/know something that is making them not withdraw their call.
Know something enough to be 99.5% sure?  :yeahright:

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2020, 03:08:22 PM
I hope it's a feed issue.

Eddie Teach

They know Murdoch put his foot down?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

I don't know - maybe, maybe not. They've been challenged, they've been given off-ramps and they're sticking to it - and earlier we were praising them in particular as very good and walled off from editorial pressure.

It could be pride, or vanity, for sure. But I just think it's striking they've not taken any of those off-ramps or points when you could legitimately say "well the information's changed so we've re-evaluated."
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

That ticker was in hindsight a little too good. It's now panic stations as across the field it looks bad.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2020, 03:10:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2020, 03:08:22 PM
I hope it's a feed issue.

I don't want to be pessimistic but what Fulton County has been saying in interviews has consistently been less than what the secretary of state says.

Sheilbh - a problem with thinking the Fox and AP people "know something" is that the whole world is looking at this right now. It seems less likely that they have the greatest expertise and more likely that isolated thinking/pride is causing them to stick to their guns. Still seems like Arizona goes D but...
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on November 05, 2020, 03:18:08 PM
That ticker was in hindsight a little too good. It's now panic stations as across the field it looks bad.
What are you talking about?

katmai

Quote from: alfred russel on November 05, 2020, 02:51:06 PM
So long as it doesn't change the election outcome, i want Arizona to go to Trump.

My girlfriend has for days been refusing to discuss the possibility of Arizona being up in the air, because it has been "called". She is dismissive as though I'm a madman for thinking the AP experts would be wrong, or that Fox would do something unjustified that was pro democrat.

Arizona would force her to recognize my genius, just as covid-19 will force you guys once it becomes clear how awesome my takes were.
what are the odds she doesn't dump your ass in less than five years?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son