News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Da Belarusian thread

Started by Razgovory, August 17, 2020, 10:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Instead of posting stuff in the OT let's just use a dedicated thread.  Like this one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Well whatever happens here is hoping it stretches Russia's ever shrinking resources.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Some power plays in this crisis for sure.
But are Lukashenko and Putin on the same side?  :hmm:

HVC

Putin is a lot smaller then I thought
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Putin has been mocked a lot for his height.  It seems like a rather silly thing to mock, IMO, but having always been tall maybe I just don't grasp why it would be an issue for anyone.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: DGuller on August 17, 2020, 12:34:38 PM
Putin has been mocked a lot for his height.  It seems like a rather silly thing to mock, IMO, but having always been tall maybe I just don't grasp why it would be an issue for anyone.
Yeah - I feel the same but I'm normal height and I've spent long enough on dating apps to see constant references to height and people vouching "that is my real height". So it must be an issue, but one I just don't understand :hmm:

QuoteInstead of posting stuff in the OT let's just use a dedicated thread.  Like this one.
FYI - this is the height thread now :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on August 17, 2020, 11:06:02 AM
Putin is a lot smaller then I thought

Growing up in the Soviet Union will do that to you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 17, 2020, 12:44:40 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 17, 2020, 12:34:38 PM
Yeah - I feel the same but I'm normal height and I've spent long enough on dating apps to see constant references to height and people vouching "that is my real height". So it must be an issue, but one I just don't understand :hmm:

QuoteInstead of posting stuff in the OT let's just use a dedicated thread.  Like this one.
FYI - this is the height thread now :)

I've never understood it either, but it seems to be very important for a lot of women.

Habbaku

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-belarus-election-lukashenko-kill/belarus-leader-says-there-will-be-no-new-election-until-you-kill-me-tutby-media-idUSKCN25D0Z4

:lol:

QuoteMOSCOW (Reuters) - Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko told workers on Monday that there would be no new presidential election after a disputed Aug. 9 vote "until you kill me", Belarusian media reported.

"We held elections already. Until you kill me, there will be no other elections," he was quoted by the Tut.by media outlet as telling workers at a tractor plant.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

He may want to consult some experts to help him prepare the transition plan.  This one isn't going to work out well for him.

Josquius

It is a strange response. I wonder if the translation was bad. Sounds like he's saying no elections ever, even in however many years they're meant to have new ones. Clear shark jump for a dictator claiming democratic legitimacy
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

This being from around noon is already old news. He was saying a few hours later that they are drafting a new constitution and once that's done there's gonna' be elections.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on August 17, 2020, 05:19:21 PM
This being from around noon is already old news. He was saying a few hours later that they are drafting a new constitution and once that's done there's gonna' be elections.
So we're probably at the "minor reforms and I won't run in the next election" stage of this. By my reckoning that probably means he has 7-10 days left?
Let's bomb Russia!