Get an AK-47 free with vehicle purchase

Started by MadImmortalMan, July 20, 2009, 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on July 21, 2009, 08:39:08 AM
Quote from: Siege on July 21, 2009, 01:26:51 AM
Ak47s?

Bah.

It works, get the job done, most of the time....

That it does. I'd use the 450 to get an SKS (about 200 or so) and put the remainder on a pistol. I love the SKS-M.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

I think if I wanted a gun, I'd just skip the truck and go straight to the gun store.

dps

Quote from: vonmoltke on July 21, 2009, 07:00:04 AM
Quote from: dps on July 20, 2009, 07:51:38 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 20, 2009, 07:45:35 PM
Quote from: dps on July 20, 2009, 07:35:15 PM
Only ignorant. bigoted rednecks who are proud of being ignorant, bigoted rednecks;  and yuppie scum that aspires to be ignorant, bigoted rednecks.

And people who need to haul shit.

Yeah, they're the one-half of one percent of pickup truck owners who prove the rule.

:huh:

At least a third of the pickup trucks I see are owned by small contractors, farmers, or ranchers.  Now, many of those people may be ignorant, bigoted rednecks but the whole reason the pickup caught on in that market segment is their frequent need to haul shit.

I was being facetious about the 0.5% bit, but no way are a third of all pickups that I see on the highways work vehicles.  Maybe 10%, tops.

alfred russel

"About 75% of pickup buyers use their vehicles in their jobs; the remaining 25% don't need a pickup's capability for their day-to-day life, industry figures show. That smaller group is most likely fleeing from high gas prices, trading in their trucks for sedans or compact cars. "

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2006-08-10-pickups-cover-usat_x.htm

I don't know if I believe that, but I didn't want the fruits of my 30 second google search to go to waste.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on July 21, 2009, 02:48:29 PM
"About 75% of pickup buyers use their vehicles in their jobs; the remaining 25% don't need a pickup's capability for their day-to-day life, industry figures show. That smaller group is most likely fleeing from high gas prices, trading in their trucks for sedans or compact cars. "

I don't know if I believe that, but I didn't want the fruits of my 30 second google search to go to waste.

Doesn't match very well with the statement in the same article that truck sales account for 75% of vehicles sold by Chrysler, 62% for Ford, and 60% for GM.  Heck, according to the article, even for Honda and Toyota, it's 42%.  Now that does count SUVs and vans in with light trucks, but there's no way truck sales are that big a percentage of all new vehicle sales if 75% of pickup buyers use them in their jobs.  Unless those using "their vehicles in their jobs" includes those who use their pickups for their daily commute to work.

garbon

Quote from: dps on July 20, 2009, 07:35:15 PM
Only ignorant. bigoted rednecks who are proud of being ignorant, bigoted rednecks;  and yuppie scum that aspires to be ignorant, bigoted rednecks.

I don't find in either category but thought about getting a pickup truck. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 21, 2009, 10:50:30 AM
Ak47s?

Bah.

That it does. I'd use the 450 to get an SKS (about 200 or so) and put the remainder on a pistol. I love the SKS-M.

Commie.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on July 21, 2009, 02:48:29 PM

That seems a little doubtful myself.

I'm a pickup owner.  I love the utility of having the truck bed and being able to haul an amazing amount of stuff when need arises, but that need is harly on a day to day basis...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2009, 03:48:21 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 21, 2009, 10:50:30 AM
Ak47s?

Bah.

Commie.

I'd rather spend 200 on a SKS-M than a thou on an AR-15. SKS-M does the job just as well.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2009, 07:49:15 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 21, 2009, 06:53:17 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 20, 2009, 10:21:22 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 20, 2009, 09:01:27 PM
Sounds reasonable enough. Now every time I drive across the border and see the Arch I'll be able to shoot a couple bursts out the window and not draw any attention.  :thumbsup:

You're in Illinois?
Yep. About twenty minutes from STL.

Good on you.  I didn't know you lived so close.  If I ever left the house I'd suggest a meet!
:P Moved here about eight months ago. The military takes me places, in this case the Saint Louis metro area.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 21, 2009, 04:38:59 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2009, 07:49:15 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 21, 2009, 06:53:17 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 20, 2009, 10:21:22 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 20, 2009, 09:01:27 PM
Sounds reasonable enough. Now every time I drive across the border and see the Arch I'll be able to shoot a couple bursts out the window and not draw any attention.  :thumbsup:

You're in Illinois?
Yep. About twenty minutes from STL.

Good on you.  I didn't know you lived so close.  If I ever left the house I'd suggest a meet!
:P Moved here about eight months ago. The military takes me places, in this case the Saint Louis metro area.

Isn't that unconstitutional?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HisMajestyBOB

Next he'll quarter you in someone's house.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 21, 2009, 08:51:23 PM

It would raise property values on the east side of the river.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 21, 2009, 08:51:23 PM
That sounds inconsiderate.  Isn't quartering someone usually very messy?