US 2020 Presidential Election prediction thread

Started by Zoupa, July 12, 2020, 10:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

I bet $20k on Biden, in a about a zillion different bets. In summary of what will happen:

If Biden wins and wins Florida: I win $5,336.80.
If Biden wins without Florida: I win $5,207.48.
If Biden loses but wins the popular vote: I lose $4,473.21.

If Biden loses in a blowout and/or the popular vote, I'll obviously lose a lot more, depending on how it breaks down.

Went to vote today. No line at all. There were lines in Atlanta of up to 11 hours to early vote. All those people were suckers.  :)

Kind of bizzarely, a shit ton of Trump signs and banners appeared overnight. I'm kind of on the border between the city and suburbs - there were few signs for Trump or Pence before today. Doubt it will influence many people because the early vote was almost 100% of 2016's total turnout--I think most have already voted. I think it is a last hurrah for Trumpistan.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

FunkMonk

My absolute favorite thing on Election Day is watching cable news and seeing reporters at polling sites harass voters waiting in line and repeatedly ask them who they'll voted for  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maladict

Quote from: alfred russel on November 03, 2020, 09:13:12 AM
If Biden loses in a blowout and/or the popular vote, I'll obviously lose a lot more, depending on how it breaks down.

I guess that's the only thing that will keep us going, if Trump wins big.  :P

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2020, 07:41:44 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2020, 06:59:07 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 02, 2020, 06:17:42 PM
Judge Bozo has dismissed the Texas drive through case.

Yeah but is that the end of it? Can they still appeal the dismissal?

Yes but it's dead.

But result achieved,  while dismissing the suit on standing (technicality), Hanen gratuitously commented how illegal he thinks it all is.  Harris county closed most of the drive throughs as a precaution,

So voter suppression mission mostly accomplished.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Chicken shit move - basically using extrajudicial influence while insulating himself from any appeal.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Just looked and it wasn't just some loose commentary in the oral hearing - despite dismissing the case, the majority of the written order is actually an opinion on the merits about the legality of the drive though.  He finds they are OK for early voting but not on Election Day.  He says all this after refusing to opine on the key threshold issue of whether a federal court should be entertaining such second guessing of state law rulings from the state Supreme Court (they shouldn't) claiming he doesn't need to address the issue because he is dismissing for lack of standing.  But then why on earth does he discuss the merits?

Simple - to cast a cloud on drive through voting on Election Day in a way that can't be appealed or fix,  It is an outrageous abuse of judicial power for raw political purpose,  A disgrace to the robe,
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on November 03, 2020, 06:25:09 AM
I am not confident at all which is probably a good sign as I was confident in Trump losing in 2016.

I was confident that Clinton win.  Won't make that mistake again.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2020, 10:14:41 AM
I am not confident at all which is probably a good sign as I was confident in Trump losing in 2016.

You were? Even after that FBI bullshit on the eve of the election?

Ah well. Nothing to do now but wait.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 03, 2020, 09:51:26 AM
Just looked and it wasn't just some loose commentary in the oral hearing - despite dismissing the case, the majority of the written order is actually an opinion on the merits about the legality of the drive though.  He finds they are OK for early voting but not on Election Day.  He says all this after refusing to opine on the key threshold issue of whether a federal court should be entertaining such second guessing of state law rulings from the state Supreme Court (they shouldn't) claiming he doesn't need to address the issue because he is dismissing for lack of standing.  But then why on earth does he discuss the merits?

Simple - to cast a cloud on drive through voting on Election Day in a way that can't be appealed or fix,  It is an outrageous abuse of judicial power for raw political purpose,  A disgrace to the robe,

Yeah thanks for leaving that ambiguity out there for the next election.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

The ambiguity is here for THIS election.  Because of a federal judge's improper dictum, lawful polling places will be closed and voters in Harris County who believed that would be able to vote in those locations based on guidance from duly authorized state officials will not be able to cast their votes.  It is a flagrant defiance of the Supreme Court's Purcell precedent, done in a sneaky way to avoid correction.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2020, 10:15:38 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2020, 10:14:41 AM

You were? Even after that FBI bullshit on the eve of the election?

Ah well. Nothing to do now but wait.

Ah yes forgot about the FBI thing. That was some blatant intervention bullshit. Yeah that did give me a pause, who had heard of people voting for somebody under an active FBI investigation? Anyways, that was a different world back then.

Caliga

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 03, 2020, 08:44:23 AM
I posted that all the way back on page 1.  :lol:
I can't be bothered to read back that far.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zanza

I predict a Trump shitshow and further damage to American democratic institutions and norms.

Caliga

Quote from: Zanza on November 03, 2020, 12:54:46 PM
I predict a Trump shitshow and further damage to American democratic institutions and norms.
Well no matter what happens, Trump will say a bunch of idiotic shit, that's for sure.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zanza on November 03, 2020, 12:54:46 PM

This has been true for every day of Trump's presidency  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.