US 2020 Presidential Election prediction thread

Started by Zoupa, July 12, 2020, 10:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2020, 02:06:20 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2020, 01:59:58 PM
State codes are pretty straightforward, though.
Yeah - they're more like the European car registration codes (as a kid, I used to geek out about both - and capital cities  :Embarrass:).

I remember seeing a CH code for the first time and spending hours figuring out what it could be  :lol:

celedhring

What does my head in is the damn counties and how they almost never match the city in them. So analysts prattle about Clark County, Maricopa County... and I have to go to wikipedia to know it's Las Vegas, Phoenix...

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: celedhring on November 07, 2020, 05:22:22 PM
What does my head in is the damn counties and how they almost never match the city in them. So analysts prattle about Clark County, Maricopa County... and I have to go to wikipedia to know it's Las Vegas, Phoenix...

Can't say I blame you in the least. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

what's the deal with Alaska results stuck at 46% counted for 3 days?  They decided not to update 'cause they know Trump is going to win it?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on November 07, 2020, 08:46:04 PM
what's the deal with Alaska results stuck at 46% counted for 3 days?  They decided not to update 'cause they know Trump is going to win it?

They have to wait a week to start counting mail ins.

Valmy

They need time for the dog sleds to deliver all the ballots.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

if someone had only answered this before....
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 07, 2020, 08:53:15 PM

They have to wait a week to start counting mail ins.
Thanks.
You too Valmy, thanks :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: katmai on November 07, 2020, 09:01:36 PM
if someone had only answered this before....
ok, shoot me, I missed a few posts here&there in this gigantic thread :P

The Minsky Moment

Heh - one side effect of a legal career is that I've had deposition in most of the cities sometime or another so the counties with big cities in them are familiar.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

I already knew what Maricopa County was, because Sheriff Joe and his goon squad were notorious for their fascist tendencies for many years before Trump.

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 07, 2020, 10:44:18 PM

Heh - one side effect of a legal career is that I've had deposition in most of the cities sometime or another so the counties with big cities in them are familiar.

The side effect of my legal career is I know the location of all kinds of towns (and First Nations reserves) in northern Alberta and Yukon... :(

Being able to regale people with anecdotes about High Level, Alberta or Old Crow, Yukon sadly doesn't come up very often.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I always liked hearing about you having to make it to the Court House when it was -40C. That sounds exciting knowing if you get lost you might die.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2020, 12:09:24 AM
I always liked hearing about you having to make it to the Court House when it was -40C. That sounds exciting knowing if you get lost you might die.
That's spring in Yukon.  ;)