US 2020 Presidential Election prediction thread

Started by Zoupa, July 12, 2020, 10:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Montana is a bit on the purple-ish end of the red states. Still only a faint purple hue though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2020, 09:18:12 PM
Montana is a bit on the purple-ish end of the red states. Still only a faint purple hue though.

Any bit of blue is the equivalent of full on communism.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Trump aid Hope Hicks tests positive for coronavirus.  Trump to isolate until he gets test results.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: PDH on October 01, 2020, 10:06:01 PM

Any bit of blue is the equivalent of full on communism.

Better dead than red.

Err, wait...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

Yeah, I'm curious on that. What's the deal there?
Why is it such an outlier? Natives?
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

The only guy I know from Montana (white, college-educated) is a Democrat. Hardly representative, but here's that.  :lol:

The Brain

People who want to see Montana are often Communists.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on October 02, 2020, 04:05:20 AM

Yeah, I'm curious on that. What's the deal there?
Why is it such an outlier? Natives?

It isn't that much of an outlier :lol:

If anything it is more typical of a red state than Idaho and Wyoming which are on the extreme side.

Yes there are a bit more American Indians, as percentage of the population, than most US states but that fairly typical of their neighborhood. Both Dakotas have similar percentages, for example.

It could be that they have a Democratic stronghold like Mizzoula, home of the University of Montana. But even Wyoming has Jackson Hole where hippies like to hang out. So I don't know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

merithyn

A lot of folks from the West Coast are moving to Montana because of the housing prices. Additionally, there are a lot of communal living types out there.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Oexmelin

Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2020, 08:17:09 AMIt could be that they have a Democratic stronghold like Mizzoula

Isn't that in the great state of Mizzouri?
Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on October 02, 2020, 12:57:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2020, 08:17:09 AMIt could be that they have a Democratic stronghold like Mizzoula

Isn't that in the great state of Mizzouri?

You bastard :lol:

I don't know what is wrong with me today  :Embarrass:

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on September 30, 2020, 12:32:34 PM
I have more sympathy for non-Trump GOP politicians than you.

Their problem was that Republican voters were far more loyal to Trump than to anyone else.  The moment you spoke against Trump you risked being primaried (and losing said primary).  It's an almost impossible situation to be in.

Sorry Beeb, but that is simply not true.

The threat of being primaried out of office if you were not radical enough existed long before Trump. Indeed, lots of sane, moderate Republicans were primaried out by Tea Party whackjobs a decade or more before Trump.

The Tea Party transformed the GOP in a Party that nobody should be surprised then elected Donal Trump. He is *exactly* the President the GOP deserved at the moment he won the nomination, because he nearly perfectly aligns with what the modern Tea Party GOP values.

So no, the Paul Ryan's don't get a pass. They were part of creating the very party for whom Trump is the ideal candidate. Not the other way around.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned