News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How do you take your tea?

Started by Caliga, June 17, 2020, 08:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I recently decided I like tea for breakfast better than coffee (though I still drink coffee in the afternoons).

I boil my water in an electric kettle and put one bag of Twinings English Breakfast or Irish Breakfast in a cup, pour boiling water over it, let it steep for four minutes, and add half and half... sometimes a packet of Splenda.  I recently bought a box of PG Tips but haven't tried it yet.

DISCUSS.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

I drink this basically every day:

With nothing. But then I also drink my coffee black.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Interesting.  Do you also like Earl Grey, since it's got an orange-y flavor (at least to me)?

Syt

At most I might add some honey, or a dash of lemon.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

I recently cut back on coffee and started substituting it with tea.  That's why I got the electric kettle.  I usually drink Wissotzky English Breakfast tea, and add a little milk into the hot water.  Not too much milk, so that it wouldn't taste like diluted milk, but enough milk to remove the harshness of straight tea.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2020, 08:33:15 AM
With nothing. But then I also drink my coffee black.
I drink my coffee black, but I can't manage to enjoy drinking tea straight.  In fact I became a bigger fan of tea after I realized that it's okay to add a little milk to it.

Caliga

Oh and Valmy... what's a 'tea sachet'?  Is that one of those triangle teabags like PG Tips comes in?

Grey Fox

Yes, sometimes not triangle.

I like a cloud of milk in my earl grey :bowler:  Others I take without milk or sugar.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on June 17, 2020, 08:30:25 AM
I recently bought a box of PG Tips but haven't tried it yet.

Sad tea that is not worth it. Though I suppose having it here in the UK (I've a box) makes you less snooty when you offer tea to guests and you've many choices. Though I suppose there is also the risk that they'll feel you look down on them if you think they are someone to whom you should only offer PG Tips. :Embarrass:

I'm partial to Yorkshire Gold as well as loose leaf Countess Grey from Fortnum and Masons. Always sugar, always Spenda and always milk.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on June 17, 2020, 08:30:25 AM
I boil my water in an electric kettle and put one bag of Twinings English Breakfast or Irish Breakfast in a cup, pour boiling water over it, let it steep for four minutes, and add half and half... sometimes a packet of Splenda.

Very similar to my method, including brand of tea, though I always do Irish Breakfast in the morning and never add anything to it. Afternoons are usually English Breakfast with a splash of milk, like a good tiffy. :bowler:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

I prefer green tea.
Genmaicha is a favourite. I can't remember the type but there's a particular Shizuoka cha which is nice too.
Also awesome and absolutely impossible to find outside of Japan is soba cha. I miss it so much.
On green teas I prefer a stronger taste.
Loose leaf obviously.

When I do drink regular tea its with milk. Biscuits are necessary.
I'm quite fond of Lady Grey for some reason. But usually just drink PG Tips as ££££.
Clipper is also great. Plastic free too.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Regular old black tea, made with water boiled with a kettle on the stove, with milk in it (no sugar).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

I don't drink much tea, but when I do I boil the water with my stovetop kettle. Also no milk, sugar, or anything (same as my coffee).

Favorite is green tea. An Iranian friend of mine used to supply me with an excellent local brand of theirs, but she moved and now I drink this one: https://www.amazon.com/VAHDAM-Himalayas-POWERFUL-ANTI-OXIDANTS-Kombucha/dp/B00R65SD4C

Maladict

No milk or sugar. Otherwise tea is all the same to me, coffee is where it's at.