News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How do you take your tea?

Started by Caliga, June 17, 2020, 08:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

For whatever reason I have been drinking mostly PG Tips since this thread, and this week I tried to switch back to Irish Breakfast, and now it tastes so strong to me that I can barely stomach it. :Embarrass:

sad tea indeed, garbon. :D
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 10, 2020, 02:36:03 PM
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

For whatever reason I have been drinking mostly PG Tips since this thread, and this week I tried to switch back to Irish Breakfast, and now it tastes so strong to me that I can barely stomach it. :Embarrass:

sad tea indeed, garbon. :D

I don't think there's anything left for me to say so: :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on June 17, 2020, 08:36:15 AM
Interesting.  Do you also like Earl Grey, since it's got an orange-y flavor (at least to me)?

I like Early Grey, drink it sometimes. I like honey in my tea with just a touch of cream which seems to cut the tannin down.

mongers

I'll add this, with good quality tea you don't need a tee strainer, it should stay in the bottom of the teapot when poured. :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Camerus

I've been drinking 2 cups of English breakfast tea for years every morning.  I don't drink coffee.  :showoff:

Always with milk no sugar or sweetened almond milk.

Caliga

...and PG Tips is sold out at Kroger and there's a tag on the shelf saying 'Temporarily Unavailable'. :Embarrass:

I hope I can last till this apparent PG Tips shortage has passed. :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on July 13, 2020, 09:21:56 AM
...and PG Tips is sold out at Kroger and there's a tag on the shelf saying 'Temporarily Unavailable'. :Embarrass:

I hope I can last till this apparent PG Tips shortage has passed. :hmm:

I'll post you some, should be able to get four or five in a standard letter.   :bowler:

mongers

Knowingly had my first experience of 'cream in a can', it's just frothy uht milk.  :hmm:

Gaijin de Moscu

I've been drinking straight old Pu Er or any kind of Japanese green tea for years, a few cups a day. Used to bring all my teas from China and Japan before the lockdowns. Running low on my stocks these days.

I especially like good Genmaicha, the one with roasted rice.

Sometimes I like that Chinese tea which comes in large pressed bricks and which you have to break off to brew. Can't recall its name now. But it can be too flavourful sometimes.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Lately I've been drinking Tetley.  I ran out of PG Tips and couldn't find any at the grocery so I had to order a box from Amazon, but I've yet to open it.

Josquius

In terms of black tea I've found a supermarket own make asaam to be rather good.

Quote from: Gaijin de Moscu on November 02, 2020, 01:43:31 PM
I've been drinking straight old Pu Er or any kind of Japanese green tea for years, a few cups a day. Used to bring all my teas from China and Japan before the lockdowns. Running low on my stocks these days.

I especially like good Genmaicha, the one with roasted rice.

Sometimes I like that Chinese tea which comes in large pressed bricks and which you have to break off to brew. Can't recall its name now. But it can be too flavourful sometimes.

Pu er is good. Genmaicha too is a favourite. Though I've found it's really easy to find Genmaicha in the west so familiarity could be lessening how much I rate it.

One I really love and can never find outside Japan is soba cha.
Also like a decent kuki cha.
██████
██████
██████