I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

celedhring

Here it's coming from the building next to mine. There's no scaffolding or anything but there's workers coming in and out the building. Even if I just plug music on my headphones I can't have zoom meetings with all that noise in the background.

Syt

It's fortunately not that bad ... more like an annoying low frequency noise that goes up and down in volume depending on how close to my apartment they're working. I'm quite easily annoyed by such low noises, so it's been tiring.

The drilling sounds most of the time (like now) like there's a vibrating phone in my apartment.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

My neighbor gets railed almost every night. I don't... mind the noise though.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Quote from: celedhring on November 09, 2020, 03:05:24 AM
So, given that libraries, coworking spaces, bars, everything... is closed, I can't work anywhere that it's not my home.

My neighbor has decided this is the bestest time of all to start renovations in his apartment AND THE NOISE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

Yeah I know, everyone who can't work from home has decided to go all out on DIY.  :rolleyes:

Zanza

Quote from: celedhring on November 09, 2020, 03:05:24 AM
So, given that libraries, coworking spaces, bars, everything... is closed, I can't work anywhere that it's not my home.

My neighbor has decided this is the bestest time of all to start renovations in his apartment AND THE NOISE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.
I had that in spring. They mechanically opened the reinforced concrete to put electric cables into the wall. Nerve-racking noise. :ultra:

crazy canuck

The sister of one of our good friends died of COVID.  She had been active and healthy.  She was in her early 50s and living in the NE of the US.  My friend was trying to figure out a way to go down and see her but was not able to get there in time because of how quickly the virus took her.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2020, 11:46:23 AM
The sister of one of our good friends died of COVID.  She had been active and healthy.  She was in her early 50s and living in the NE of the US.  My friend was trying to figure out a way to go down and see her but was not able to get there in time because of how quickly the virus took her.

I'm so sorry. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

merithyn

I'm so sorry, cc. :( That's awful.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

I'm sorry, CC. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on November 07, 2020, 10:40:57 PM
Took the boys for a Covid test while Mrs B hunkered down in our bedroom all day.  Boys took the tester up the nose like champs.

Still very sorry we missed the boys first hockey games of the years. :(

Boys and I all came back negative.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2020, 01:43:29 PM
Took the boys for a Covid test while Mrs B hunkered down in our bedroom all day.  Boys took the tester up the nose like champs.

Phew! Here's hoping Mrs B manages this fairly easily.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on November 09, 2020, 01:48:26 PM

Still symptom-free and feeling pretty bored.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2020, 01:54:22 PM

she knew what she signed up for with you!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2020, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 09, 2020, 01:48:26 PM

What a relief for you.  Sucks for Mrs. BB but still a lot better than the alternative.

Good on the boys for taking the test well.   :thumbsup: