News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How would you handle covid 19?

Started by Admiral Yi, March 12, 2020, 07:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

The Senate has proclaimed you dictator.  You have total power.  All laws are suspended.

What do you do?

crazy canuck

Order everyone to do exactly what the head of the CDC tells them to do

11B4V

Marshal Law restricting intrastate travel, price fixing, widespread testing, deploy all medical assets in DOD, stop travel in and out,
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Oh and temp govermentalize  all civilian\private hospital, labs, etc.

Coordinate a global coalition effort. Because we are the USA you know.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

1)  Have every disloyal Senator executed and replaced with a loyalist, to make sure I'll stay a dictator.  I'd rather fully focus on eradicating the COVID-19 rather than worry about my dictatorial powers being rescinded by opportunists once the crisis appears to be on the decline.
2)  Declare nationwide quarantine for several weeks.  The exact length would be determined after consulting with the BC CDC.
3)  Draft volunteers to keep the crucial systems running and deliver all the necessities to the people stranded in their homes.  Keep them quarantined in their own barracks, and make them wear protective gear when interacting with the regular citizens.  Give them a medal in the end if they survive.
4)  Blacklist any other country that does not adopt my plan, or any country that does not blacklist the countries I blacklisted.  Blacklisted countries would be blocked from all travel to and from until my plan is adopted.

PDH

1) Tax all foreigners living abroad
2) The end
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Call up National Guard/Army and cordon areas where there has been infection.  Make testing and care for corona virus free.  When resources become available for it, make testing mandatory inside the cordoned areas.  Inside cordoned areas prohibit travel as much as possible and us military assets to deliver food and supplies to people at their homes and provide transport for people who must leave their homes (for things like medical emergencies).  When everyone has been tested in each area, lift the cordon and move resources to the next area.  Oh and maybe shoot DGuller in case someone tries to give him dictatorial powers.

This is not realistic.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2020, 07:42:10 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 12, 2020, 07:20:23 PM
Marshal Law

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

I am the dictator in my world, prosecutor. To the *camps with you for reeducation training. :ultra:

*no internment camps are officially operated by the government according state TV.

Eddie Teach

I think BB is picking on your spelling.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 12, 2020, 08:21:43 PM
I think BB is picking on your spelling.

Either way, no matter, away with him.

Admiral Yi

Grammar, spelling, punctuation, all rules are suspended.

I'd shut everything down except food, utilities, medical.

Test everyone.  Once everyone in an area checks out, open businesses back up.  Once contiguous areas check out, allow travel between them.

Send everyone a check to handle necessities.

Freeze loan repayments.

11B4V

Admiral Yi

11B4V