News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How would you handle covid 19?

Started by Admiral Yi, March 12, 2020, 07:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

This thread should be renamed "Market apologists suddenly find virtue in state allocation of resources" :P
Que le grand cric me croque !

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 12, 2020, 09:14:58 PM
This thread should be renamed "Market apologists suddenly find virtue in state allocation of resources" :P

"Aging Marxists feel vindicated in calls for permanent state of emergency" would work too.  :)

mongers

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 12, 2020, 09:14:58 PM

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on March 12, 2020, 07:52:00 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2020, 07:42:10 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 12, 2020, 07:20:23 PM
Marshal Law

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

I am the dictator in my world, prosecutor. To the *camps with you for reeducation training. :ultra:

*no internment camps are officially operated by the government according state TV.

You'd think a fucking former soldier would know it's spelled Martial law. :ultra:

Maybe you have to be the parent of young kids, but "Marshal Law" to me sounds like we're being bossed around by this fellow.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2020, 11:28:14 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 12, 2020, 07:52:00 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2020, 07:42:10 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 12, 2020, 07:20:23 PM
Marshal Law

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

I am the dictator in my world, prosecutor. To the *camps with you for reeducation training. :ultra:

*no internment camps are officially operated by the government according state TV.

You'd think a fucking former soldier would know it's spelled Martial law. :ultra:

Maybe you have to be the parent of young kids, but "Marshal Law" to me sounds like we're being bossed around by this fellow.

See Yi's rules.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Start establishing a loyal group around me in preparation for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

celedhring

I would preserve a nucleus of the human species at the bottom of the nation's mineshafts.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on March 13, 2020, 05:06:58 AM
I would preserve a nucleus of the human species at the bottom of the nation's mineshafts.
Finally, some common sense.
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 13, 2020, 05:15:16 AM
Quote from: celedhring on March 13, 2020, 05:06:58 AM
Finally, some common sense.

Yes. Also, send a gold HDD into space containing wikipedia and a selection of youtube memes.

PDH

Dump all our nuclear waste into the desert when nobody is looking.
Cancel the debt while they are worried about the nuclear waste.
Give out free ice cream on tuesdays.
Have a 2 week free overdue book return at the library.

I can't think of anything else.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Legbiter

Proscribe the elderly/boomers to save on costs. Declare pandemic over. ;)
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Iormlund

Quarantine Chinese style for a few weeks. Then gather half of the most vulnerable population and send them to the other half of the country. Those remaining in the "healthy" area keep the lights on and must attend COVID parties for a straight month. When as a result serious cases cease appearing, send there all the vulnerable folk and repeat the exercise.