Languish Political Compass 2020 edition

Started by Syt, March 06, 2020, 06:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

What's a little expropriation between centrists?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

dps

Quote from: Solmyr on March 06, 2020, 04:39:31 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 06, 2020, 04:30:35 PM
"Not a leftist"  :P

Hey, just because I like supporting people and human rights more than corporations and religion doesn't mean I'm a leftist! :P

Or take the statement, "Because corporations cannot be trusted to voluntarily protect the environment, they require regulation".  I've very pro-business and mostly indifferent towards the environment, and even I agree with the statement.  I suspect that by agreeing with it, the survey pushed me a little bit towards authoritarianism and a good bit towards the left, even though my actual feelings on the matter are anything but.

viper37

Economic: -1
Libertarian: -1,95
That test is really bullshit.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

I tried again, this time trying to maximize my free market Nazi score, but it turns out what they call authoritarian is really about religious morality.

I curse this test and hope it burns in hell.

Zoupa

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2020, 08:00:46 PM
I tried again, this time trying to maximize my free market Nazi score, but it turns out what they call authoritarian is really about religious morality.

I curse this test and hope it burns in hell.

I tried again, but changed my answer about corporations and environmentalism to "disagree".  That pushed my result more towards the economic right, as expected, but also moved it slightly towards authoritarianism, which wasn't expected.  Maybe I accidentally changed another answer as well?  It's possible--some of them are so vague and broad that you might as well flip a coin.

Admiral Yi

On Zoup du Jour's I got Right 0.69, Libertarian 1.18.

I am a centrist god.

dps

Quote from: Zoupa on March 06, 2020, 09:48:00 PM
This one seems better:

https://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html

That one gave me:

You are a right social moderate.
Right: 4.85, Libertarian: 0.92

Not fundamentally different from the other one.

I suspect that my strong support for the death penalty keeps me from being rated as more libertarian.  Which is fair, I suppose, but it doesn't really match with my equally strong support for freedom of speech and other rights we're guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.

Eddie Teach

I got very similar results on both quizzes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I'm guessing my results would be similar on both as well, but I didn't find the questions on Zoupa's offensive to my intelligence.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on March 06, 2020, 09:48:00 PM
This one seems better:

https://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html

Ahhh!  Much, much better now!  Thank you! :)

Right: 1.45Libertarian: 4.07

That represents me better than the other one. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son