Languish Political Compass 2020 edition

Started by Syt, March 06, 2020, 06:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

2.0;  -0.31

Less right but also less libertarian than in past runs.   

A lot of the questions just sucked.

Camerus

Seemed rather dated and vague. Some of the questions appear to have been lifted verbatim from Adorno's authoritarian personality test from the '40's (which was itself of dubious usefulness).

Nevertheless:

Josquius

They do seem to define right wing as 'are you a dick?'.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

A lot of awful questions.  One particular problem is that there is no distinction between idealism and pragmatism.  Yes, I'm sure almost everyone agrees that global economy should serve the people rather than "multinational corporations".  The question that separates the left and the right is what should be done to bring that about.

Zanza

frunk

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 06, 2020, 07:10:47 AM
Yeah - Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Highly recommended - I think it's available streaming. A parody of 80s sci-fi/horror TV with sort of talking heads interviews from the writer/actor (Garth Marenghi) and rest of the cast. It's very good.

I watched it on Youtube a few years ago.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Richard Hakluyt

-5.5, -7.08; in the green quadrant like nearly everyone else  :P

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2020, 10:39:58 AM
feel the Bern bitch
Since I don't have Medicare for all I guess I have to.  :Embarrass:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Malthus

Deep in the Green with the rest of you.

Seems all of us are really the same, politically.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

I felt bad when I saw how centrist it put me, but then compared to you bunch of pinkos...

Agreed not great questions.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Threviel on March 06, 2020, 07:42:25 AM
I've gone and become a leftist :cry:

My theory is that I've been standing still and the divide has moved.

This is almost exactly where I am and where I have always been.

Though I do hate "should" questions in politics. I mean there is a difference between "in a perfect world this should happen" and "should this be allowed to happen if people agree to do it and under certain circumstances?"
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

I hate these quizzes, but I always end up deep in the right side of the purple.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien