Languish Political Compass 2020 edition

Started by Syt, March 06, 2020, 06:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

It's been a couple of years since we did one of those, and with the many changes in society and politics it might be time to re-assess?

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

My results, quite unsurprisingly:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Some pretty out there reactionary stuff among those propositions :lol:

This seems about right, was expecting to be a bit more to the left and less libertarian.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Was expecting more lefty and less libertarian, but there's lots of "well, IT DEPENDS" questions.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on March 06, 2020, 06:47:33 AM
Was expecting more lefty and less libertarian, but there's lots of "well, IT DEPENDS" questions.
Yeah. I feel like over the last four years I've kind of moved to post-nuance place politically :P :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Ah. That old classic.
Got to love when internet smart guys present it as THE TRUTH and argue about how right and left are invalid as if thats an original thought.

I remain the same as ever.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Those were the ones here I chose "agree/disagree" as opposed to "STRONGLY AGREE/STRONGLY DISAGREE"  :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on March 06, 2020, 06:59:09 AM

Those were the ones here I chose "agree/disagree" as opposed to "STRONGLY AGREE/STRONGLY DISAGREE"  :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 06, 2020, 07:01:36 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 06, 2020, 06:59:09 AM

I need a t-shirt with this  :lol:

Where is it from? Some brit comedy show?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Yeah - Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Highly recommended - I think it's available streaming. A parody of 80s sci-fi/horror TV with sort of talking heads interviews from the writer/actor (Garth Marenghi) and rest of the cast. It's very good.
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Still lacks nuance, but not as bad as usual.

Threviel

I've gone and become a leftist :cry:

My theory is that I've been standing still and the divide has moved.