News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

So my little embezzlement scheme ran into some hiccups. What can you do?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 20, 2020, 04:11:55 AM
Mini-outbreak in Scotland has been traced to a call centre that was being used for contact tracing calls  :ph34r: :bleeding:

:lol:

Check. Yeah that happened back in early March here as well. One member developed symptoms and an entire shift had to go into precautionary quarantine.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

celedhring

Over here they shut down a group of people organizing a football match between Covid carriers and non-carriers. I guess that's the Spanish version of pox parties  :hmm:

Syt

https://sbj.net/stories/parsons-comments-on-coronavirus-raise-eyebrows,69833

QuoteParson's comments on coronavirus raise eyebrows
Posted online July 20, 2020 | 8:00 am

Gov. Mike Parson's controversial remarks on a radio show are getting widespread attention and some pushback, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

In an interview on Friday with St. Louis talk-radio host Marc Cox, Parson said children would get coronavirus when they return to school this fall.

"These kids have got to get back to school," Parson told Cox. "They're at the lowest risk possible. And if they do get COVID-19, which they will — and they will when they go to school — they're not going to the hospitals. They're not going to have to sit in doctor's offices. They're going to go home and they're going to get over it."

Missouri Auditor Nicole Galloway, the Democratic candidate for governor, said Parson's comments displayed "stunning ignorance."

:wacko:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Wait... you're not letting yours live with you, right?  :wacko:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 20, 2020, 11:36:14 AM
Wait... you're not letting yours live with you, right?  :wacko:

I wouldn't if they were going to school in Missouri  :ph34r:

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on July 20, 2020, 11:15:12 AM
https://sbj.net/stories/parsons-comments-on-coronavirus-raise-eyebrows,69833

QuoteParson's comments on coronavirus raise eyebrows
Posted online July 20, 2020 | 8:00 am

Gov. Mike Parson's controversial remarks on a radio show are getting widespread attention and some pushback, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

In an interview on Friday with St. Louis talk-radio host Marc Cox, Parson said children would get coronavirus when they return to school this fall.

"These kids have got to get back to school," Parson told Cox. "They're at the lowest risk possible. And if they do get COVID-19, which they will — and they will when they go to school — they're not going to the hospitals. They're not going to have to sit in doctor's offices. They're going to go home and they're going to get over it."

Missouri Auditor Nicole Galloway, the Democratic candidate for governor, said Parson's comments displayed "stunning ignorance."

:wacko:

He also said he will pardon the two lawyers who pointed guns at protesters.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2020, 09:15:07 AM
So my little embezzlement scheme ran into some hiccups. What can you do?

Prepare for the fair hearing and trial by Fouquier-Tinville.  :P

alfred russel

Quote from: Malthus on April 20, 2020, 06:48:40 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 20, 2020, 06:19:16 PM
Remember how I told you guys the excessive lockdown stuff was going to backfire? I don't want to say I told you so, but....

Ahead of a lockdown protest scheduled in Georgia, the governor has announced that gyms, bowling alleys, salons, massage parlors, and some other stuff can open by Friday, and by Monday we are reopening restaurants.

How is the idiocy of the Governor of Georgia attributable to excessive lockdown measures? Seems the culprit here is his own stupidity.

Malthus, want to reexamine your point of view here? It seems quite a few people are finding themselves unable to stay put these days.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: alfred russel on July 20, 2020, 02:33:51 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 20, 2020, 06:48:40 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 20, 2020, 06:19:16 PM
Remember how I told you guys the excessive lockdown stuff was going to backfire? I don't want to say I told you so, but....

Ahead of a lockdown protest scheduled in Georgia, the governor has announced that gyms, bowling alleys, salons, massage parlors, and some other stuff can open by Friday, and by Monday we are reopening restaurants.

How is the idiocy of the Governor of Georgia attributable to excessive lockdown measures? Seems the culprit here is his own stupidity.

Malthus, want to reexamine your point of view here? It seems quite a few people are finding themselves unable to stay put these days.

As a point of reference, guidelines have changed significantly since April 20. Now, most of the country is wearing masks to limit the spread of the virus, and recognize the value in social distancing. When this went into affect, no one wore masks and no one social distanced.

Except in Georgia, where your governor is forbidding mayors from requiring both of those things. Go figure.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on July 20, 2020, 09:51:51 AM
Over here they shut down a group of people organizing a football match between Covid carriers and non-carriers. I guess that's the Spanish version of pox parties  :hmm:

This is quite amazing.

Whilst we are being dumb maybe they could set up some kind of zombie escape game with real infected?
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 20, 2020, 04:23:47 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 20, 2020, 04:16:19 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 20, 2020, 03:54:12 AM
Wherefore?  Prays?
The language on these documents hasn't changed since colonial times
I don't really do much litigation, but I think we have actually updated the language around litigation here :lol:

Certainly in contracts you can tell an American document because it uses lots of legalese and set forms of words OFTEN IN ALL CAPS.

Yeah, pretty easy to spot American legal drafting.  It is as if they continue to be paid by the word.