And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on April 22, 2020, 11:45:50 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2020, 10:52:06 AM
My little sister got it.  She's a bit on the dumb side and hasn't taken this seriously at all.

:(

Raz, hope it's not serious.

Did she not take it serously because she's a bit slow or has seeing the wrong sort of media also help to make her careless about the risk?

I don't know.  Like my brother she has moved very far away from where I live.  I don't know why she didn't take it seriously, but I do know that she was off visiting friends and the like well after the stay at home order was given.  If my brother's illness is any indication she will likely be incapacitated for a week and may take months to fully recuperate.  The biggest problem is that she has a nine year old daughter...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

So she's use to functioning while being sick?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

My Turkish neighbor a couple doors down had like 4 of his Turkish buddies over last night.  They were out on his deck late in the evening speaking Turkish & stuff.  My wife thought they were arguing but it I think that's just how they normally speak.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

My neighbor's had a party Monday night that went until 2am. They spent the evening - about a dozen of them - going in and out of the apartment and onto their deck, which is about 30 feet from my bedroom window. In the meantime, a bunch of their kids were playing basketball on the tarmac right under my window, allowing the ball to regularly bounce off the chainlink fence.

I wasn't best pleased that they were a) having a party, b) playing ball right under my window, and c) yelling and shouting until all hours of the night. Needless to say, I got little sleep and dislike my white trash neighbors even more than I used to.  <_<
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tamas

Quote from: merithyn on April 22, 2020, 02:56:06 PM
My neighbor's had a party Monday night that went until 2am. They spent the evening - about a dozen of them - going in and out of the apartment and onto their deck, which is about 30 feet from my bedroom window. In the meantime, a bunch of their kids were playing basketball on the tarmac right under my window, allowing the ball to regularly bounce off the chainlink fence.

I wasn't best pleased that they were a) having a party, b) playing ball right under my window, and c) yelling and shouting until all hours of the night. Needless to say, I got little sleep and dislike my white trash neighbors even more than I used to.  <_<

I dread the day we end up with shitty neighbours again, current situation is quite alright. I lived most of my life in a rural setting, my nerves can hardly take shit like that.

Zoupa

Quote from: merithyn on April 22, 2020, 02:56:06 PM

Call the cops. Or do you live in a no shelter at home state?

Valmy

You can still call the cops on simply them being noisy.

At the apartment I lived in back when I first started on Languish there was this shitty garage rock band that would play at all hours of the night. I can sleep through anything so I was cool with it but I was amazed nobody ever got them shut down.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

For those who don't speak Voltaire: patient seen at Covid clinic. Please deliver.

Patient shows up 2 minutes after the fax. Sweating, coughing, red as a tomato. No mask.

Humanity is incredibly stupid. When you think we've reached the depths, a new bottom opens up.

I threw her out. French accent came out along with my banlieues insults. Might get fired  :)

Razgovory

You know, I never actually wanted my fellow citizens to die as a result of the stupid shit they do, but we had a big protest yesterday.  People protesting the existence of the virus.  They thought it was a hoax.  I want these people to get the virus and I hope many die.  They are a threat to public health.  If they were livestock they would have been diagnosed with mad cow disease and culled.

This is fucking serious.  People are dying.  The death rate in the US is the same as the US death rate in the ETO 1944-1945.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Quote from: Zoupa on April 22, 2020, 03:13:10 PM

Call the cops. Or do you live in a no shelter at home state?

I'm not going to call the police on a noise complaint. I won't do it at the best of times because I don't trust that doing so won't end up in a death sentence for some stupid kid.

It's not the best of times, and the police won't come out for a noise complaint right now, anyway. They issued a statement a month ago saying that we basically have to deal with non-emergency things on our own because they're not risking their officers' health in dealing with the public.  :(

merithyn

Quote from: Zoupa on April 22, 2020, 03:22:48 PM

For those who don't speak Voltaire: patient seen at Covid clinic. Please deliver.

Patient shows up 2 minutes after the fax. Sweating, coughing, red as a tomato. No mask.

Humanity is incredibly stupid. When you think we've reached the depths, a new bottom opens up.

I threw her out. French accent came out along with my banlieues insults. Might get fired  :)

Jesus. Did they give her a mask but she took it off? Or did they not bother to give her a mask?

AND WHY NOT CALL IT IN FOR DELIVERY??  :wacko: :wacko:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Zoupa

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2020, 03:46:37 PM
You know, I never actually wanted my fellow citizens to die as a result of the stupid shit they do, but we had a big protest yesterday.  People protesting the existence of the virus.  They thought it was a hoax.  I want these people to get the virus and I hope many die.  They are a threat to public health.  If they were livestock they would have been diagnosed with mad cow disease and culled.

This is fucking serious.  People are dying.  The death rate in the US is the same as the US death rate in the ETO 1944-1945.

Raz, don't fall for the media panic. Yes there is a problem, but it is not so bad.

No I am not scared and neither should you be!

:P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014