News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Well. This is something. Yay Corona? :ph34r:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/20/oil-prices-sink-to-20-year-low-as-un-sounds-alarm-on-to-covid-19-relief-fund

Oil into negative prices.

Quote from: Agelastus on April 20, 2020, 10:12:42 AM
]

Tyr comes across as the left wing equivalent of a right-wing conspiracy nut when he's talking about political actors he doesn't like.

Oh the irony.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

An interesting comparison.  Massachusetts on Sunday had 1,705 new cases and a total of 38,077 with 146 new deaths for a total number of deaths of 1,706.  That number is striking because it is almost exactly the number of deaths in all of Canada just recently reported by the CBC of 1,709.  Canada has a total of a little over 36,000 cases.

garbon

Should have known CC would use a crisis to cheer about how great his country is. Why? No one knows.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

I'm surprised how small the population of Massachusetts is. Boston is a lot smaller then I thought it was.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 20, 2020, 02:31:08 PM
Brb, driving to Cushing, Oklahoma so I can buy 2,400 barrels of West Texas crude with my sweet, sweet Trump bucks and then sell them in September at $30 a pop.
I didn't get any Trump bucks.  :( I can only buy an infinite amount of oil.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2020, 03:20:39 PM
Should have known CC would use a crisis to cheer about how great his country is. Why? No one knows.

It is a comparison. And troubling if you are American.  But go ahead and deflect.  It is what a lot of your fellow citizens do.

DGuller

I think you're developing a bit of a derangement there.  It's frankly a little concerning.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on April 20, 2020, 03:48:33 PM
I think you're developing a bit of a derangement there.  It's frankly a little concerning.

Yeah, don't get concerned about how things are going in your country.  Definitely be concerned about people pointing it out.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on April 20, 2020, 03:48:33 PM

Yeah it's bizarre and sad.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Brb, driving to Cushing, Oklahoma so I can buy 2,400 barrels of West Texas crude with my sweet, sweet Trump bucks and then sell them in September at $30 a pop.

Massive glut and full storage facilities.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

Quote from: DGuller on April 20, 2020, 03:26:57 PM
I didn't get any Trump bucks.  :( I can only buy an infinite amount of oil.

Can I store my 2,400 barrels where you're keeping your infinite barrels?  :contract:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on April 20, 2020, 04:11:00 PM

Massive glut and full storage facilities.

Hell yeah, I'm here now and they're giving barrels away like candy, Yee haw!!! *Shoots randomly into the air*
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Trump gave you $59,640? :unsure:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on April 20, 2020, 03:21:53 PM
I'm surprised how small the population of Massachusetts is. Boston is a lot smaller then I thought it was.

Boston proper is dinky.  Boston Land is made up of a bunch of independent towns like Newton, Cambridge, Somerville, etc.  DC is like that too.  Most people who say they "live in DC" actually live 20 miles outside the city limits.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2020, 03:45:07 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2020, 03:20:39 PM

It is a comparison. And troubling if you are American.  But go ahead and deflect.  It is what a lot of your fellow citizens do.

It's not, what is the population density of Massachusetts vs that of populated Canada?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"