News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

When is Jonhson's daily update on his eugenics project scheduled to happen?

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 16, 2020, 11:27:51 AM
Big announcement by the Federal government in about half an hour followed by an announcement by the Province. 

Anticipating Employment Insurance changes to pay employees who cannot work and an announcement that employees should stay home.

A Universal Basic Income perhaps?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

I think now. Apparently it'll be the same time every day - Johnson or other senior minister (presumably Health Secretary) plus scientists?
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Stayed at home again today because of cough.  But now I have my work laptop and could remote log in to work.

I gotta say though this will get really old, really fast.  I'm in my basement office hunched over a tiny 12" laptop.  Because day homes are not closed there are 8 kids in the room outside not being overly loud, but being kids means they're still noisy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2020, 11:32:34 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 16, 2020, 11:27:51 AM
Big announcement by the Federal government in about half an hour followed by an announcement by the Province. 

Anticipating Employment Insurance changes to pay employees who cannot work and an announcement that employees should stay home.

A Universal Basic Income perhaps?

It would be quite something if this prompted its introduction then it would be found to work.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on March 16, 2020, 11:34:05 AM
Stayed at home again today because of cough.  But now I have my work laptop and could remote log in to work.

I gotta say though this will get really old, really fast.  I'm in my basement office hunched over a tiny 12" laptop.  Because day homes are not closed there are 8 kids in the room outside not being overly loud, but being kids means they're still noisy.

The way I see it. You will just HAVE to buy a couple of decent monitors to your basement office. And since that has to happen, might as well get a decent gaming PC in there as well.

Sheilbh

I've seen Mitt Romney already propose a $1,000 a month per adult payment which is basically UBI.
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

FunkMonk

I'm in India right now.  :lol:

Plenty of people here wearing masks. Screening at airports and tourist destinations. Foreign tourists have largely disappeared, except for yours truly.

I will be barricading myself in a 5 star hotel in Delhi until the 20th, when my flight to the infected hellscape of America is scheduled.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on March 16, 2020, 11:34:22 AM
It would be quite something if this prompted its introduction then it would be found to work.

Indeed. I can only hope.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Prison officer in Surrey has tested positive :ph34r:

There's a separate prisons crisis going on but this could be very bad.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 16, 2020, 11:44:31 AM
Prison officer in Surrey has tested positive :ph34r:

There's a separate prisons crisis going on but this could be very bad.

You need to adapt to Johnson's approach to all this.

This is not going to be an additional prison crisis, this is going to solve the first one. :contract:

Zoupa

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 16, 2020, 08:19:34 AM
Didn't see this when it was reported a couple of days ago, but thought it was interesting - the French Health Ministry have said that certain anti-inflammatories (like ibuprofen) seem to cause issues in covid-19 cases. So stick to stuff like paracetamol I suppose.

All NSAIDS have respiratory warnings.

Sheilbh

UK approaching the fast-growth stage of the curve. All people should stop non-essential contact and travel, work from home where they can. If anyone has symptoms in your household, then the entire household should self-isolate for two weeks.

Edit: And within a week they'll be asking people who are most vulnerable to stop non-essential/social contact for three months.

London peaking early so need to follow this now.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Trudeau about to make announcment. Hope they don't close restaurants. I'm a bachelor. I'll starve.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011