News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I won't have to daily worry about how it is closing in on us:

Quoteritain's Department of Health added that it will no longer be tweeting information on the location of each new case from today, due to the number of new cases.

"Instead, this information will be released centrally in a consolidated format online, once a week. We are working on this now and plan to share on Friday."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on March 04, 2020, 09:25:28 AM
:ph34r:
29 of these new cases from overseas or linked to an existing cluster, 3 are unclear as there's no obvious link.

Also Department of Health no longer giving location of each new case given volume. It'll now be released in a central consolidated format on a weekly basis (Fridays).
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on March 04, 2020, 09:44:24 AM
I won't have to daily worry about how it is closing in on us:

Quoteritain's Department of Health added that it will no longer be tweeting information on the location of each new case from today, due to the number of new cases.

"Instead, this information will be released centrally in a consolidated format online, once a week. We are working on this now and plan to share on Friday."
Yes. It'll be nice to have the panic in a central consolidated format every Friday.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 04, 2020, 09:47:07 AM

Yes. It'll be nice to have the panic in a central consolidated format every Friday.

:lol:

Duque de Bragança

First cases reported in Portugal this week, started the day before yesterday, Monday. 5 for now.

Syt

About 3500 tests in Austria, 29 positive. For 3 cases in a law firm it's unclear how they were infected.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on March 04, 2020, 10:25:15 AM
About 3500 tests in Austria, 29 positive. For 3 cases in a law firm it's unclear how they were infected.

They must be married, then.

Tamas

QuoteRussia has been targeted from abroad by foes spreading fake news about the coronavirus to sow panic, according to President Vladimir Putin.

His remarks came as Russia's communications regulator said it had shut down access to some social media posts containing falsehoods about the virus outbreak.

"The Federal Security Service reports that they (the fakes) are mainly being organised from abroad. But unfortunately this always happens to us," Putin said on Wednesday, in televised remarks at a government meeting.

"The purpose of such fakes is clear: to sow panic among the population."

Reuters reports that a Russian cyber security company, Group-IB, on Monday identified what it said were thousands of fake news posts on messaging services and social networks such as Russia's VK alleging that thousands of Muscovites have caught the virus.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

merithyn

Quote from: Tamas on March 04, 2020, 10:48:05 AM
QuoteRussia has been targeted from abroad by foes spreading fake news about the coronavirus to sow panic, according to President Vladimir Putin.

His remarks came as Russia's communications regulator said it had shut down access to some social media posts containing falsehoods about the virus outbreak.

"The Federal Security Service reports that they (the fakes) are mainly being organised from abroad. But unfortunately this always happens to us," Putin said on Wednesday, in televised remarks at a government meeting.

"The purpose of such fakes is clear: to sow panic among the population."

Reuters reports that a Russian cyber security company, Group-IB, on Monday identified what it said were thousands of fake news posts on messaging services and social networks such as Russia's VK alleging that thousands of Muscovites have caught the virus.

This could just as easily have come from the White House.

Fuck, we're screwed.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

dps

Quote from: Syt on March 04, 2020, 10:25:15 AM

Lawyers?  Probably a side affect from engaging in Satanic rituals.

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on March 04, 2020, 05:07:58 AM
Pence is saying any American can be tested. Labs and other experts are flat out saying it's simply not possible to test and process more than 100 tests a day.

I'm sorry, world. The US is going to ruin it for everyone. :(

The Trump administration is out of touch and only live in their spin echo chamber.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on March 04, 2020, 12:28:42 PM
This could just as easily have come from the White House.

Fuck, we're screwed.

I mean Rush Limbaugh said it was some kind of anti-Trump conspiracy and he was just awarded the Medal of Freedom.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2020, 12:40:13 PM
Pence is saying any American can be tested. Labs and other experts are flat out saying it's simply not possible to test and process more than 100 tests a day.

The Trump administration is out of touch and only live in their spin echo chamber.
I am baffled by the the test limit.

I think we've set up a lab specifically for this (I think the only other country that did that was China), but the difference between tests done yesterday and today is about 3,000 and it can't just be because of that :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 04, 2020, 12:43:27 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2020, 12:40:13 PM

I am baffled by the the test limit.

I think we've set up a lab specifically for this (I think the only other country that did that was China), but the difference between tests done yesterday and today is about 3,000 and it can't just be because of that :mellow:

100 tests a day? We did that here yesterday. CDC needs to sort this out quick.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.