News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: merithyn on March 03, 2020, 01:05:32 PM

This seems legit based on my experience. I'm asthmatic, which is why I was sent in by my doctor.

Really? I read asthma was not an elevated risk. I may have misinformed people  :shutup:

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on March 03, 2020, 04:11:56 PM
I'm not that sick. I only went in because my roommate is a waiter who serves primarily the elderly. I also take public transit every day. I was trying to be responsible.
I hope this isn't going to be one of those posts that turn out haunting in hindsight.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on March 03, 2020, 04:38:06 PM

This seems legit based on my experience. I'm asthmatic, which is why I was sent in by my doctor.

Really? I read asthma was not an elevated risk. I may have misinformed people  :shutup:

If you already have a respiratory condition and then get another that makes it hard to breathe...?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Regular flu or cold with asthma = increased risks of developping a bronchitis.
Now imagine what it is with a disease that increases the risks of developping an infection of the respiratory system and pneumonia...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on March 03, 2020, 05:05:34 PM

If you already have a respiratory condition and then get another that makes it hard to breathe...?

Yeah, that's why I was surprised to see it listed as such.

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on March 03, 2020, 04:46:07 PM
Quote from: merithyn on March 03, 2020, 04:11:56 PM
I'm not that sick. I only went in because my roommate is a waiter who serves primarily the elderly. I also take public transit every day. I was trying to be responsible.
I hope this isn't going to be one of those posts that turn out haunting in hindsight.

Me, too. :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Anyone else seen the cellphone footage from Qom in Iran?

It shows the morque with more than 40 full body bags and goes onto show burials taking place in a separate part of the cemetery with the voice over saying they've already buried 80.

The Iranian people are in trouble if the film is authentic.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Every time I see "Corvid" I keep thinking it has to do with birds.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on March 03, 2020, 09:03:14 PM
Every time I see "Corvid" I keep thinking it has to do with birds.

Good thing the virus is COVID.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Habbaku

Corvid does have to do with birds.

"C-O-V-I-D" is the name given to the virus. Anyone typing "Corvid" in reference to the coronavirus is either making a typo or ignorant.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

WHO really missed the boat in terms of giving this thing a good catchy name like SARS, swine flu, etc. It's just gonna be "coronavirus" in the vernacular now.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

So it seems we are still having SXSW here in a few weeks. Well...isn't that special?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2020, 09:46:35 PM
So it seems we are still having SXSW here in a few weeks. Well...isn't that special?

Where?

Seatle / Washington state looks worrying, what with another three deaths today.  :(

edit:
And in South Korea:

South Korea reported 516 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday as thousands of sick people waited for hospital beds in Daegu, the city at the center of the worst outbreak outside mainland China.

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on March 03, 2020, 09:49:37 PM

Where?

Seatle / Washington state looks worrying, what with another three deaths today.  :(

Austin, Texas. But people come from all over the world.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2020, 09:50:07 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 03, 2020, 09:49:37 PM

Where?

Austin, Texas. But people come from all over the world.

Yeah, all of those type of events should stop, just as a precaution; Euro 2020 lots set to be very risky given events are happening across most major European states.  <_<