Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Josephus on July 30, 2020, 11:03:43 AM
So apparently Hermann Cain becomes the first major Republican to die of corona

https://globalnews.ca/news/7234555/herman-cain-dies-coronavirus/

You're late to the party. ;)

I swear the Republican party is looking more and more like a death cult every day.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on July 30, 2020, 11:34:50 AM
Then you have a weirdly selective input of news if you disregard all his post-2008 career, as I'd say that his peak prominence was during his 2012 presidential campaign.   :P

I was a Republican voter back in the 1990s and 2000 so I was paying closer attention. All the nutjobs and bullshit since 2004 kind of all blurs together.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on July 29, 2020, 12:07:41 PM
Have I been denying it?

In the early days, I thought I was generally complaining that the response had overly draconian elements that would not produce a benefit and would backfire in the longer term. Since then I have become increasingly convinced that my early take was correct, deeply bitter overall, and if I'm honest hateful of humanity.

You really can't see that the measures taken by most states were too little and way too short a duration to do any good.  Your country took the full economic brunt with little of the benefit of a lockdown (with some very rare exceptions).   Humanity might have a thing or two to say about people like you when the history of this pandemic is written.

Josephus

Quote from: merithyn on July 30, 2020, 11:36:05 AM
Quote from: Josephus on July 30, 2020, 11:03:43 AM
So apparently Hermann Cain becomes the first major Republican to die of corona

https://globalnews.ca/news/7234555/herman-cain-dies-coronavirus/

You're late to the party. ;)

Damn, and I didn't even have him in my dead pool either.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Razgovory on July 30, 2020, 09:51:12 AM
Herman Cain died.

In somewhat related news, Mijair Bolsonaro claims to have recovered from Covid-19.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on July 30, 2020, 10:14:43 AM
Oh man I didn't realize he was a Trump guy...well I guess I am slightly less sad now.

The ~43% of Americans that support Trump are not worthy of full sympathy when they die.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Tamas

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on July 30, 2020, 04:54:34 PM
Oh man I didn't realize he was a Trump guy...well I guess I am slightly less sad now.

The ~43% of Americans that support Trump are not worthy of full sympathy when they die.

Well that is your opinion, one I do not share.

But grief over what I thought was a responsible statesman is something different than just for any rando.

I would think you would think better of me than to try to warp my words like this. What did I ever do to you?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on July 30, 2020, 04:54:34 PM

No, just the smaller subset of those that denied the dangers of the virus or otherwise downplayed it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 30, 2020, 07:43:13 PM
Nah, the virus won a long time ago.

Isn't that the truth? We are all losers here. At least us Americans.

Zoupa

I honestly feel bad for the roughly 1/3rd of you sane Americans. You have to deal with the 1/3rd of Maga cult members, then about 1/3rd of people who don't give a shit either way/don't vote.

It sounds kind of exhausting.

jimmy olsen

Texas +322 dead, Florida +252, Arizona +172, California +114.

National +1,465, Total 155,285

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point