Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2020, 11:29:30 AM
Not going to wish for his death, but I sure do love a good object lesson.

I'm done with acting civilized.  Bolsonaro's bullshit is killing people.  We are moving past the realm of stupidity causing harm to the realm of negligent homicide.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Province of Manitoba goes 7 days with no new cases of Covid.  Currently has 11 active cases.

Alberta on the other hand has 607 active cases, with 234 being in Edmonton.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Iormlund on July 07, 2020, 08:50:52 AM
That's not really an excuse though. You can use masks with valve and/or visors.
I'm not sure about where to order a mask with a valve.  those I checked were b.o., have been for a while.  Even the customized face masks I wanted are b.o., I have to rely on one my dad's girlfriend made with leftover fabric from the kids' masks.  At least, it ain't My Little Pony, I guess I don't have to complain :P

I have two masks with 2 layers each, but apparently it's supposed to be 3 layers to be really effective.  I'm not sure I'll be able to cope with that.  And visors have only been recently available for general public, I only saw them for the 1st time last week in my pharmacy.

I would think anyone with genuine breathing problems would be especially interested in avoiding COVID ...
The mask does not protect me.  It protects others from me.  Unless I have a N95 mask, designed for healthcare professionnal.  Which they kinda need more than me.  Between me and a nurse, the nurse has more use for society right now, so I'm leaving them their masks.

I do my best, I am just unable to keep it on all day long everywhere.  I try to avoid crowded places so I only have to wear it when absolutely necessary.

Around here, there's barely no cases, 6 since the beginning of March.  I follow the guidelines, wash my hands, keep my distance at all times or keep my mouth completely shut if I need to get near someone while grocery shopping.  The virus does not jump on other people, it moves via droplets, from breathing (exhaling with your mouth) and speaking.  Or sweating in a gym, I guess, or anywhere else where people can come into contact with such body fluids. 

It only stay alive&transmissible on objects for a few hours, but I do my best to avoid touching everything everywhere.  It's just damn hard to examine a product without turning the box to read what's behind it.  Maybe retail stores will come up with a solution where we scan the barcode and we get redirected to the webpage of the product giving us detailed info.  As of right now, I order most everything online and have it delivered to my place, or the store where I can pick it up without touching anything else than absolutely necessary and going at times when I know for sure I will reduce my exposure for other people.

Anyway.  My point was simply that I do not judge other people for not wearing a mask.  Yes, some of them are dicks, they were dicks before the covid, they didn't get any smarter.  But not all of them.

I have seen my friends only once since march, except the 2 times my best friend came to take delivery of a computer and a monitor I sold him, but that wasn't exactly a social gathering.  It's not like I'm not doing my part and stubbornly refuse to follow the guidelines.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on July 07, 2020, 11:15:22 AM
I wish him a quick and speedy death.
I would not have expected this from you.

You disapoint me.

I was sure you'd wish him to suffer at length before finally passing out and dying a few months later.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on July 07, 2020, 12:26:43 PM
Only the good die young

*edit* which I think is actually from a song

*edit 2*. looked it up. it is a Billy Joel song, but comes from Herodotus
Pfft.  Amateur.   :bash:
It's an Iron Maiden song.  Nothing else matters.  ;)
https://youtu.be/9oGV86YXTfU?t=67

Ah, Syt beat me to it :(
Great song. worth to post it twice :P

Eddie Teach

Nothing Else Matters is a Metallica song, duh.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: viper37 on July 07, 2020, 05:42:58 PM

You disapoint me.

I was sure you'd wish him to suffer at length before finally passing out and dying a few months later.
In this case, given that he's in power and making disastrous decisions, it would be logical to wish for a quick death now and lengthy suffering later.

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on July 07, 2020, 01:34:57 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2020, 11:29:30 AM
Not going to wish for his death, but I sure do love a good object lesson.

I'm done with acting civilized.  Bolsonaro's bullshit is killing people.  We are moving past the realm of stupidity causing harm to the realm of negligent homicide.

I agree, his deliberate fake ignorance has caused tens of thousands of deaths in his own country, with many more to come.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 07, 2020, 05:59:18 PM
Nothing Else Matters is a Metallica song, duh.  :rolleyes:
Oh? I didn't know that... :rolleyes:

viper37

Quote from: DGuller on July 07, 2020, 06:21:54 PM

You disapoint me.

it would be logical to wish for a quick death now and lengthy suffering later.
Religion has nothing to do with logic.  But fine, whatever.  It's not like he's gonna get critically hill and die, anyway.

DGuller

Quote from: viper37 on July 07, 2020, 09:32:22 PM
But fine, whatever.  It's not like he's gonna get critically hill and die, anyway.
Not with that attitude he won't.

viper37

Quote from: DGuller on July 07, 2020, 09:49:45 PM
But fine, whatever.  It's not like he's gonna get critically hill and die, anyway.
Not with that attitude he won't.
I will pray to my lord Satan tonight for Bolsonaro's soul.

Razgovory

You disapoint me.

Religion has nothing to do with logic.  But fine, whatever.  It's not like he's gonna get critically hill and die, anyway.

What does religion have to do with this?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on July 07, 2020, 11:58:15 PM

You disapoint me.

What does religion have to do with this?

Oh, let's not to down that rabbit hole.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Duque de Bragança