Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2022, 04:41:19 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 06, 2022, 04:19:41 AM
A thought.
There's a lot of nonsense anti vax stories floating around. My dad's friends cousin got the vaccine then had a heart attack driving home and died sort of thing.
A kind of story which when 90% of the population are being vaccinated probably did happen somewhere given the huge numbers of people and statistical probability.
But... By this same rule....
Won't someone have died whilst actually getting the vaccine?
Strange you don't hear that one.
My sisters friends uncles dogs former owner died the second they pressed the plunger.

I am sure with the numbers of people getting it, there have been serious side effects in some cases. e.g. I think the AZ clotting thing happens on average every 250,000 cases - that's super rare but still means a fair number of people. Often I think though it is the case of paying more attention to existing health issues and finally having them checked out due to being worried about the vaccine they received.
Pfizer recipients have a 0,013% probability of developing hurtful unintended consequences with the vaccines.  It really sucks when it falls onto you.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on January 05, 2022, 10:56:53 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 01, 2022, 12:34:52 PM
My day 2 PCR test hasn't even yet been received by Royal mail. Might be hard to take that by day 2 (Monday).

I got my day 2 test kit. :w00t:

And I can now confirm that I didn't have COVID last Wednesday...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gaijin de Moscu

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2022, 12:03:01 PM

And I can now confirm that I didn't have COVID last Wednesday...

:thumbsup:

Here, we can get up to 5 free test kits per person in any pharmacy. Just tested the family before the school resumes tomorrow. All negative.

While our kids all to go school in person, we the adults are working from home... kinda odd.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

It's about time something is done about the tennis hooligans.

HVC

Ah Balkans , no matter where your people go you never change.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Just imagine explaining to someone that this is why you got pepper-sprayed :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Can you imagine the level of national minority complex required to take a super-privileged asshole tennis star having some administrative hurdles in avoiding rules applying to every single other person, and turn it into an attack-on-your-nation thing? Damn.

mongers

On most occasions unadulterated Serb nationalism should be ground into the dirty.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

I don't think it's even necessarily Serb nationalism - that's in Melbourne (the one host of a big tennis tournament where Djokovic probably is the crowd favourite). It's just very weird fan-ish-ness I think.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 10, 2022, 05:51:54 PM
I don't think it's even necessarily Serb nationalism - that's in Melbourne (the one host of a big tennis tournament where Djokovic probably is the crowd favourite). It's just very weird fan-ish-ness I think.

I wasn't commenting on Melbourne.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Lots of Balkan immigrants in Oz.

The Larch

It does play a part, diaspora communities don't tend to have the best grasp on current events back in their motherland and many times hold to a romantized view of it which makes them pray to populist and reactionary views, and there's been plenty of sensationalistic and inflamatory denouncing from Serbia up to the point of official authorities doing a pretty hard core victimisation of Djokovic, so it's not the best possible combination.

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on January 07, 2022, 04:32:21 PM
Pfizer recipients have a 0,013% probability of developing hurtful unintended consequences with the vaccines.  It really sucks when it falls onto you.
That seems low to me.
Yes, the feeling like shit for a few days does suck. But it's better than the alternative.
██████
██████
██████