News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on February 02, 2022, 08:09:57 AM
Btw, what is (was?) the point of [spoiler]Garsa Fwip (Jennifer Beals' character)?[/spoiler] :huh:

Also, are [spoiler]Max Rebo and Figrin D'an all right[/spoiler]? :(

Yeah, they set up that place like the Rick's café of Mos Espa, [spoiler]and ultimately do nothing with it besides a Krssantan gag and now getting bombed. I hope Fwip survived and they'll just rebuild the place, but that would be too many "nah, he didn't really die" characters in one episode.[/spoiler]

Syt

Btw, is it me or is [spoiler]Cad Bane[/spoiler] just about the only character who regularly changes his outfit? I mean, he has a certain style, but looking at other images, there's a couple different pieces. Everyone else seems to just keep wearing their old stuff. Even [spoiler]Cobb Vanth hasn't changed out of his red shirt from last season of Mando[/spoiler]. And Fennec has worn her stuff for 20 years now, it seems. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on February 02, 2022, 08:14:00 AM
Btw, what is (was?) the point of [spoiler]Garsa Fwip (Jennifer Beals' character)?[/spoiler] :huh:

Also, are [spoiler]Max Rebo and Figrin D'an all right[/spoiler]? :(

Yeah, they set up that place like the Rick's café of Mos Espa, [spoiler]and ultimately do nothing with it besides a Krssantan gag and now getting bombed. I hope Fwip survived and they'll just rebuild the place, but that would be too many "nah, he didn't really die" characters in one episode.[/spoiler]

Yes, it's rather puzzling. [spoiler]Nothing of real plot significance seems to have happened there. I mean there might be a pay off how that pushes people away from the Pykes, or she survives and suddenly is revealed to have all kinds of clandestine connections to aid in the fight, but the latter would be VERY deus ex machina. The place was given too much attention in the script to be just "background flavor."[/spoiler]

Oh, the line from the [spoiler]Majordomo, "It was a scheduled vacation" really cracked me up.[/spoiler] :D And when [spoiler]Mando flies into the palace hangar: where's Boba's ship parked[/spoiler]? :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Yeah, that line was great. The majordomo is lowkey my favorite new character of the show  :lol:

My other favorite line (for the wrong reasons) is [spoiler]when, after Luke is worried about Grogu's dedication to the Jedi training, Ashoka says with a tender smile, "like your father". THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING.[/spoiler]

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on February 02, 2022, 08:27:33 AM
Yeah, that line was great. The majordomo is lowkey my favorite new character of the show  :lol:

My other favorite line (for the wrong reasons) is [spoiler]when, after Luke is worried about Grogu's dedication to the Jedi training, Ashoka says with a tender smile, "like your father". THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING.[/spoiler]

I thought so, too, but to be fair [spoiler]up till she realized Vader was Anakin, she had a very good relationship with him and held him in highest regard, so I took it to mean she was referring to the "good" Anakin. And I would assume Luke would have told her that in the end he returned to the light side (never mind the millions or billions of people killed on his watch :P ).

When Luke and Grogu walked and he gave him a little "force lift" every few steps to make sure he kept up, though[/spoiler]. :wub: :cry:

Anyways, at this point I expect that we will spend [spoiler]30% or so of "Ahsoka" following the adventures of Migs Mayfeld, or that a chunk of the "Kenobi" show will be checking in on what the Bad Batch are doing or something[/spoiler]. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Completely random thought I had during the episode: [spoiler]we see Grogu remembering Order 66 and other Jedi being killed by Clones (strong echo to Din's flashback of the droid attack on his childhood home).

How would Grogu react if he met Boba Fett? Would he recognize him as a clone (he might not have seen one without a helmet)? And if so, how would he react? They didn't meet in Mandalorian: Boba arrived when Grogu was meditating/being abducted and stayed on his own ship during the events on Moff Gideon's cruiser.[/spoiler]

:hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

Introducing us to the concept of Twi'Lek himbos.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

It irks me a bit that [spoiler]Luke makes Grogu choose between being a Mandalorian and being a Jedi, when we heard last episode that there was a Mandalorian Jedi :P (Foreshadowing? :o ). Though you could probably argue that Luke doesn't know that. He did mention to Ahsoka that he feels Grogu's heart isn't in this, so I guess he also wants to give him an out?

It would be all kinds of weird if The Mandalorian turned out to be Grogu all along, and Mando season whatever takes place 300 years in the future with him uniting the Mandalorians under his banner.[/spoiler] :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Oexmelin

I must say I really like the new [spoiler]Luke [/spoiler] theme song.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Eddie Teach

[spoiler]Live action Cad Bane is pretty scary. I thought he had more of a roguish charm in Clone Wars.[/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I kinda wished [spoiler]Grogu was a bit older and could speak. Just so when Luke tells him about Yoda he could go, "WTF? You were trained by Yoda? THE Yoda? He survived??" And, "Yeah, of course I know Yoda. I was a padawan at the temple, remember? EVERYONE knew Yoda. And Kenobi. They were on the Jedi Council, you know?"[/spoiler]  :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 02, 2022, 11:51:05 PM
[spoiler]Live action Cad Bane is pretty scary. I thought he had more of a roguish charm in Clone Wars.[/spoiler]

Yeah. I think it's the [spoiler]teeth, mostly. I looked at some shots from Clone Wars but he had sharp pointy teeth there too, though I guess not as visible.[/spoiler]
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Well that was a whole lot of boring with a gun fight out of a old fashioned western.

If there is a point to the Bobba Fett series, I hope they start coming around to it.

Syt

Interesting Grogu theory.

[spoiler]We see the flashback to Order 66, and though the clones dispatch of the Jedi, they don't shoot Grogu, although nothing would stop them.

In Mando Season 2, after "mind melding" Ahsoka says, "At the end of the Clone Wars when the Empire rose to power, he was hidden. Someone took him from the Temple. Then his memories becomes... dark. He seemed lost. Alone."

In the Clone Wars series, Palpatine (with help of Cad Bane) was seeking to abduct Force sensitive children.

So what if Grogu was not rescued from the Jedi Temple, but rather captured by the clones on orders of Palpatine? He probably knew the Force potential of Yoda's species and that there was a very young one (30 years at the time of ROTS - so maybe ca. 3 years human equivalent?).

And what if he was then taken to, say, Mount Tantiss where the Kaminoan cloning equipment was brought in The Bad Batch? (And keeping in mind that Dr Pershing and others in Mando S1/2 wears the Kaminoan cloner badge.)

Still leaves the question what happened between ROTS and Ep. 1 of Mando. Who freed Grogu and when? Bad Batch with help of the Kaminoan scientist? I don't think he'd be there long, because otherwise the Empire's research would have been in better shape by the time Palpatine needs a new body. And if he's busted out so early, who hides him in the meantime?[/spoiler]
—Stephen Jay Gould