News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Apparently there are rumors that Disney might bring back the Cara Dune actress?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2021, 02:00:35 AM
lots of stuff online about this, but it all comes down to one Youtube video, or credibility unknown.  And a right-wing leaning comic-book website.

It's not impossible, but I have my doubts.  She's a pro-Trump and a pr disaster in waiting. Disney, like all mega-corp wants to avoid pr disaster.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

A pr disaster on Twitter maybe, very unlikely to make the actual public notice her.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Disney had backtracked on James Gunn after all (director of Guardians of the Galaxy, fired from doing #3, then re-hired awhile later).

It also had to do with social media posts.  In Gunn's case they were quite dated and he apologized profusely.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2021, 02:00:35 AM

Maybe she was just sent to her room to think about what she did.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Touching clip of Star Wars fans in actions :)
https://fb.watch/5kdtFT4HQk/
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Having kids can be a pain - I had to wait until they were ready to watch The Bad Batch!

I liked it.  Who knows where it will go of course.  The kid (Amiga? Omega?) was kind of annoying but I'll cut them some slack as they obviously have something in mind.  Kind of fun to revisit Ep 3 from the clone perspective.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I expected the second episode to be a bit of a breather after the intro triple extra long and look: I was right. :D Overall fine but not great. :)

[spoiler]The fans were right, we meet up again with the deserter from CW season 2. They come for advice on how to hide and all they get is "maybe lay low and stop being soldiers?" Well, duh.[/spoiler] :D

We're shown a bit more of how the Empire starts changing life in the galaxy, which is always welcome.

[spoiler]When the kids starting playing with the ball, you just know that the ball go wide and Omega will go into danger to get it back. It's a bit of a well worn trope at this point.[/spoiler] :D

I guess for the most part the episode is supposed to [spoiler]establish her as headstrong and having her own will. She goes after the ball, she stays on the ship by herself, she decides to run the ID chips to the others, she decides to not stay with the deserter and returns to the squad. I liked her gawking at being on another planet for the first time. I'm a sucker for such scenes even if we've seen them a fair few times at this point.[/spoiler] This is now show #3 of kid character joining up with badass characters on adventures (after Rebels and Mandalorian ... actually, 4 if you include Ahsoka in Clone Wars). I hope they don't rely on this trope too much going forward, even though the results of that so far were great.

People have been speculating about [spoiler]Omega and what/who she's a clone of. There's some saying saying she might be a Palpatine clone (because her hair looks similar), and she was an early attempt at a force sensitive clone (and when things between Empire and Kamino - clone rebellion? - the Empire went full genocide on Geonosis, so why not Kamino?) turn sour the Empire has to start the effort from scratch (see: SW Ep. IX, Mandalorian). Others say she has a different special ability (still - why one female clone?) we have yet to learn about. Or that she has the ability of all of the Bad Batch.[/spoiler] Guess we'll see.

What people have pointed out, though, is the similarity between Clone Force 99 (Bad Batch) and Task Force 99 (S.C.A.R. Squadron) from the Star Wars comics, ca. between New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.

Question is whether the Bad Batch turned into the squad, or they were inspired by them [spoiler](after Tarkin saw the BB in action). Maybe Crosshair was involved in its creation?[/spoiler]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Regarding the episode, I will just say that [spoiler]Cut declines being flown out of the planet by the Bad Batch because it's too risky, and then agrees to a plan that's probably way riskier [/spoiler]  :hmm:

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on May 07, 2021, 06:38:34 AM
Regarding the episode, I will just say that [spoiler]Cut declines being flown out of the planet by the Bad Batch because it's too risky, and then agrees to a plan that's probably way riskier [/spoiler]  :hmm:

Or [spoiler]he thinks, "Yeah, going out with a shuttle will be difficult, but staying with those loonies is guaranteed suicide."[/spoiler] :P :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Well, this was a pretty run of the mill [spoiler]"stranded on a moon with beasties"[/spoiler] episode. Every Star Wars show has one (at the minimum) of those, and at least they got it out of the way early.  :D

I find the Empire/Kamino arc more interesting so far, because of all the exloration of the early days of the Empire.

Syt

Agreed that [spoiler]the moon bit was pretty standard, but it was well executed. I assume Wrecker's headache was foreshadowing, and I assume it will converge with Tech's scanner thingie to find the inhibitor chips.

The Crosshair plot was ... dark. There's been theories that Crosshair could become the prototype for the Death Troopers, so we'll see where this leads, or if the outcome will be the "normal" Imperial Stormtroopers.

I like the portrayal of Tarkin as cost cutting bureaucrat. :D

So the Kaminoans will look at creating superior clones and need more material since Jango's samples aren't good enough anymore. It sounds like they want to use the Bad Batch (and/or Omega) as template, but they might have something entirely different in mind. Looking forward to see how this shakes out.[/spoiler]
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

I'm a bit disappointed. This feels more like Rebels than Clone Wars.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

Well, considering the Clone Wars are over at this point in the timeline...

celedhring

Well, this was always going to be a show more focused on a single group of characters rather than the large canvas The Clone Wars was.