News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Eh, I watch a lot of Star Wars Explained's videos. I don't really catch all the material any more. I tried to catch up on the comic series when I had Marvel Unlimited, but it's a bit confusing which order e.g. the Vader comics were released in, since there's several series starting with #1 :rolleyes: And I haven't read most books of the new canon.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Looks like I will be keeping the Disney streaming service.

celedhring

So after doing Kurosawa, this week Mando does The Wages of Fear with a sprinkling of Mad Max. I love this show so fucking much  :lol:

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 11, 2020, 03:10:56 PM
So after doing Kurosawa, this week Mando does The Wages of Fear with a sprinkling of Mad Max. I love this show so fucking much  :lol:

Don't forget Inglorious Basterds. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Needed more terrible Italian  :P

Habbaku

Quote from: Syt on December 11, 2020, 03:17:44 PM

And Office Space.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Quote from: Habbaku on December 11, 2020, 03:31:53 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 11, 2020, 03:17:44 PM

And Office Space.

:unsure: How so?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

Bill Burr's character literally says "TPS Reports".
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I also smiled at the Robocop callback "Prisoner XXXX, you have 3 seconds to comply".

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 11, 2020, 03:52:35 PM
I also smiled at the Robocop callback "Prisoner XXXX, you have 3 seconds to comply".

That was fun. :)

I also found it interesting that you could see Din's eyes through his trooper helmet.

Also, he seems really lost and helpless without his helmet, needing Migs to come to the rescue. He only really snaps back to his normal self when he has the helmet back on.

Someone on Reddit joked that maybe Din is just a bit slow, and it only shows without his helmet. When he's wearing his helmet he just comes across as cool and brooding instead of confused and lost. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I thought the "Din acts shellshocked without his helmet" was a nice character touch. He's culturally conditioned to wear it at all times, so it's the equivalent of being forced to strike a conversation in a café while not wearing pants.

crazy canuck

Finished Rebels.  It kept getting better and better.

So, please tell me what What to watch next.  :)

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 11, 2020, 04:50:52 PM
Finished Rebels.  It kept getting better and better.

So, please tell me what What to watch next.  :)

Clone Wars has its up and downs, but generally becomes good from Season 3 on (though there are good bits in the first two season). The finale of season 7 was quite amazing IMHO. A lot of the first two seasons is not in chronological order. There's a guide out there that has all episodes listed chronologically, but you can just go with the normal order and will be fine. For the full story you can check out the 2008(?) movie that came before the show, but it's really not that great, but it introduces Ahsoka for the first time.

I have yet to watch Resistance. I hear it's not great, but apparently adds some world building detail for the time before the sequel trilogy.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, what did you make of the World Between Worlds? :P
—Stephen Jay Gould