News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Here's a bit of :tinfoil: speculation that's going around on the internet.:lol: Read at your own peril. :P

Some folks early on pointed out that some of the temple in the first episode seemed to have designs of Zeffo (an ancient force wielder race from the Jedi: Fallen Order game; you explore a bunch of Zeffo ruins and tombs in the game) in the temple at the start. Below - Ahsoka (left), J:FO (right):

Next, the map had a certain similarity to the giant spheres you often manipulate in those Zeffo ruins to solve puzzles:

Ok, the surface detail is different, not a big deal, right?

But then again, there's Sith writing pretty much everywhere in Zeffo ruins - like on the ruins of Dathomir and other places we've seen. No big deal, just the Sith writing that's by this point as ubiquitous as Aurebesh in modern Star Wars on screen texts. :P

Well, the Zeffo also use some glyphs:

And on the ancient structure on Dathomir we have:

Not quite identical, but very similar ...

Oh, and there's some Sith script over the gate of the structure:

But that might be just some copy/paste job, esp. if it's upside down?

And (and now we're really reaching), in SW: Rebels, one of the portals in the World Between Worlds (where each portal has symbols according their "destination") looks like this:

Some have theorized that it might be the Zeffo at the top, and the howlers (Sabine's mount in Ep. 6) on the sides - meaning it might lead to Peridia.

Oh, and the Zeffo have a temple/ruins on Dathomir, of course. :D

It's all a bit wild, and I'm sure it's going to be something a lot less (or more?) crazy. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Haven't seen it, but from syt's pic Thrawn look like blue Elon.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Hey, I don't know if this has been asked but is that Musk playing Thrawn?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2023, 06:16:28 AMHey, I don't know if this has been asked but is that Musk playing Thrawn?

I'm guess I made a dumb/obvious observation? :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

garbon

Quote from: HVC on September 25, 2023, 06:22:37 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2023, 06:16:28 AMHey, I don't know if this has been asked but is that Musk playing Thrawn?

Go back a page.:P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2023, 06:25:41 AM
Quote from: HVC on September 25, 2023, 06:22:37 AM

Go back a page.:P
:blush:

I don't read this thread much

Solmyr

Thrawn is played by Lars Mikkelsen (who also voiced him in Rebels). He also plays Stregobor in The Witcher.

celedhring

Quote from: Solmyr on September 26, 2023, 02:54:15 AMThrawn is played by Lars Mikkelsen (who also voiced him in Rebels). He also plays Stregobor in The Witcher.

He played Putin in House of Cards, too. :lol:

HVC

Quote from: Solmyr on September 26, 2023, 02:54:15 AMThrawn is played by Lars Mikkelsen (who also voiced him in Rebels). He also plays Stregobor in The Witcher.

He's also a shoe in for the Elon Bio pic :D

Solmyr

Quote from: HVC on September 26, 2023, 03:35:09 AM

He's also a shoe in for the Elon Bio pic :D

Elon will probably wave an antique gun around and demand to play himself.

Syt

Good fun action episode, with some light banter. And senate hearings! :w00t: :P

Loved all the Sabine/Ezra bickering. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I thought it was a bit weak for a preseason finale. The scenes taken by themselves were ok/fun, but ultimately felt very lightweight.

Also, despite all speculation, the nighttroopers look like regular human stormtroopers afterall.

Syt

Yeah, but I'm ok with that. Not everything needs to do something super special.

Agreed that it leaves seemingly a lot to wrap up next week. Maybe we get a 90 minute episode? :P

This episode, more than any other previously, very much captured the tone and feel of Clone Wars and Rebels (having a deliberate callback to Tales of the Jedi obviously helped :D ). If that's a pro or a con depends on the beholder.

I did like showing off that Thrawn is a bit more meticulous and thoughtful with his tactics instead of just throwing bodies at problems without regard for the bigger picture.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on September 27, 2023, 12:21:13 PMYeah, but I'm ok with that. Not everything needs to do something super special.

You're right, but I'll contend that the penultimate episode of a show is one of those occasions where I would like special things to happen  :P

Compare this to, i.e. "The Believer"

Syt

I think that's a problem with the series structure vs release schedule. Heavily serialized shows like Ahsoka (or Obi-Wan) would probably be better released in one go so you can just binge then. They're essentially über-long movies where each episode can rarely stand on its own.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds or Lower Decks with their more self-contained stories (overarching story, uhm, arcs notwithstanding).
—Stephen Jay Gould