And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 29, 2020, 01:29:26 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 29, 2020, 11:18:26 AM
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/crusader-kings-iii-in-numbers-18-million-murders-four-million-betrothals-and-one-cannibalized-pope/

Interesting stats. But how are they collected? If I'm playing and I pet my dog, that gets recorded?

Ratio of murders to childbirths seems unsustainably high.  I don't think even the Merovingians knocked each other off at such a clip.

Remember, though, this is births to player characters vs. murders by player characters. The pool of potential murder-ees is much higher.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Is it just me, or is the AI way better at war than in CK2?

I feel like even when I'm a King with a large demnse, I'm always in danger of some random Duke and his two allies invading to take a border county, and I never felt like that in CK2.

It just that it's harder to out retinue them in the early like in CK2? I've no doubt that if you invest in your holdings, that over time you can get your economy rolling so that you can have a killer man at arms stack, but at least at the beginning of the game, things seem far more balanced between kings and dukes. Which is rather historical.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Hotfix is out:

Quote###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Fixed male/female dominated doctrine blocking all claims for the other sex, rather than just implicit claims. The behavior should now be identical to how it was previously.
- Fixed various display issues in the Russian localization
- Fixed tyranny being gained from rightful revocations when you had a claim on the title in question
- Independence Faction wars no longer require the defender to occupy the entire domain of the rebelling vassals to stop ticking warscore
- Reinstated Central Germanic and West Slavic name lists that had accidentally been removed
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Matilda's a super easy start
You just need 2 counties to usurp the Pope and then the Kaiser will transfer the rest of your dejure counties to you.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 01, 2020, 10:12:12 AM
Matilda's a super easy start
You just need 2 counties to usurp the Pope and then the Kaiser will transfer the rest of your dejure counties to you.

That really shouldn't be, given that Matilda consistently allied with the Popes of that era and was at odds with the Emperor.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Habbaku

Unfortunately, that happens now because the mechanics of the Papacy are very thin at the moment. There's no real reason for the Emperor not to cooperate with Matilda at the moment.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

The pope is some dude in Rome who gives me money and sells me claims. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

I'll admit to being kinda mad one cannot play the Pope.  :sleep:

Zanza

The Pope is the guy who asks everybody to fight the Caliph and then parks his 10k men in Rome to guard against some Berber pirates who conquered Orvieto...

Syt

Crusades being a messy clusterfuck is kind of on brand, though. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

OMG what have they done to the UI colours and font in the patch, I want it back the way it was.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on October 01, 2020, 12:47:28 PM
Unfortunately, that happens now because the mechanics of the Papacy are very thin at the moment. There's no real reason for the Emperor not to cooperate with Matilda at the moment.
And no reason for Matilda to cooperate with the Pope when she can usurp a royal title from him.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

The real Matilda became a de jure papal vassal (while also acting as papal patroness and protector).
What in game royal title can she usurp from the Pope?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Kingdom of Romagna. It's dejure territory covers that of the Papal states at their medival height and she starts out with like 40% of that territory.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Thing that's annoying me right now is the endless spam calls from allies to fight losing wars. I think they should nerf any penalty for refusing to join an offensive war.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011