News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

It doesn't matter. You can also fast teleport then by disbanding and moving the rally point, if you're so inclined. Only works with smaller armies. Big ones take a while to gather so doesn't work as well.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2020, 03:43:28 AM
Quote from: grallonsphere
Is there a settings, somewhere, that govern the number of women generated.  We're like drowning in them.  My current character had 6 girls before he finally got a male heir.  All those girls produced girls in turn.  It's aggravating.

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Everyone in the world hates my gay murderous conniving edgelord king who is head of a family of murderous conniving assholes but I'm about to unite Spain so fuck em I say.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

Does not seem to matter. I disbanded my army in foreign lands and could see no effect on available levies or man at arms

Josephus

So, in my first campaign still, and I think I've seemed to run into some type of snag.

When I want to upgrade any of my buildings to "level 3" it won't let me. There is a box that is unchecked that says "(domain name) has a keep or one of its upgrades."
I don't understand what that means. All my building boxes are used up. I don't see "keep" anywhere. Confused.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

Upgrading further requires your cultural group (French, Polabian, whatever) to have the required technology to advance further. I believe that one is "Hoardings" or something, whatever lets you build the next level of fortifications. Once you have that tech, it'll open up the ability to upgrade the fortification in the holding and then you can start upgrading the buildings.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zanza

Quote from: Josephus on September 16, 2020, 02:17:41 PM
So, in my first campaign still, and I think I've seemed to run into some type of snag.

When I want to upgrade any of my buildings to "level 3" it won't let me. There is a box that is unchecked that says "(domain name) has a keep or one of its upgrades."
I don't understand what that means. All my building boxes are used up. I don't see "keep" anywhere. Confused.
Above the building buttons is a button that allows you to upgrade the main holding of the county. For castles, one of the steps is the keep. For which you need the tech as Habbaku wrote.

jimmy olsen

Men at arms are really good. Just having a level two Mangonel unit really cuts down on the siege time.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Quote from: Zanza on September 16, 2020, 02:38:12 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 16, 2020, 02:17:41 PM

Above the building buttons is a button that allows you to upgrade the main holding of the county. For castles, one of the steps is the keep. For which you need the tech as Habbaku wrote.

ooh, sneaky. Yeah, found it.  :hug:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

Lappland conquered SCotland.  This after William the Conquerer didn't conquer. 
PDH!

The Brain

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 17, 2020, 07:33:49 AM

Did he at least bastard?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: The Brain on September 17, 2020, 08:12:14 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 17, 2020, 07:33:49 AM

Did he at least bastard?
I guess, as his son was Robert the Bastard. I kind of wondered if it was a hereditary title in itself.
PDH!

Josephus

So I know half a game is not a test. I'm halfway through Game 1. (1066 start date, or whatever it is) playing as an Irish county.
Holy Roman Empire is Da Boss. Talk about Great White Blob. It stretches from most of Britain, south to north Spain, most of France and east past Poland.
Civis Romanus Sum

crazy canuck

Impressive, in the two games I have played with that start date, it diminished in the first couple of generations and recovered only slightly.

Habbaku

My experiences with the HRE are all over the place, which is a good thing. I've seen them blob into Hungary, Poland, England, and deep into Ukraine in one game, while in my current one they are a rump state in NW Germany and with some statelets in a broken-down petty-kingdom England that shattered early.

I do hope they'll make the entity a little more stable going forward, but am happy that they're pretty dynamic regardless.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien