News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

No idea, I was never an exile.  I am a voluntary immigrant.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 28, 2022, 11:43:34 PMNo idea, I was never an exile.  I am a voluntary immigrant.

Most of us were, IIRC.

Maybe what I'm remembering is KAPland splitting off before getting folded back into languish in later years....

Maladict

I played EU1 and  EU2 before I found the forums. Probably joined Pdox around 2002-2003, and then Languish around 2004-2005.

Tamas

I was looking for info on EU the boardgame when I happened on (was mentioned somewhere) some Swedes working on a PC adaptation. Read the Sweden AAR by that guy whose nickname I should not have forgotten, was hooked. Had a lorry driver friend pick up the German copy of EU1 in Germany once it had been released.

Threviel

Wasn't that Sapura? Aussie guy into anal?

The Brain

What's the name of the guy who wrote about EU1 on Underdogs?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on March 26, 2022, 11:24:47 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 26, 2022, 09:08:52 AMEUI thank you very much

:D

Yeah, EU1. I spent most of 9/11 on EUOT.

Yeah me to. I joined Mar 30, 2001. There was some guy in NY who had an Ireland avatar who was giving us the blow by blow I recall.

I remember I was following the game's development long before that though. I had EU the boardgame and while I had mixed results trying to play it I loved the concept so was excited somebody was making a computer game about it. Kind of funny to think this whole thing started just making an adaptation of a board game.

I haven't posted there in so long I still have my EU2 avatar.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on March 30, 2022, 09:29:52 AMWhat's the name of the guy who wrote about EU1 on Underdogs?

Hartmann.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

That's a blast from the past. :)

Syt

I used to have a few reviews on the site as well, but there doesn't seem to be a good way of searching for reviewers on the resurrected site.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Threviel on March 30, 2022, 09:16:40 AMWasn't that Sapura? Aussie guy into anal?

I thought he was the Polish guy obsessed with winged hussars.
Guess it could be both  . . .
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Iberia flavorpack confirmed
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.