News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Josephus on February 18, 2022, 09:19:40 AM
So in my first Royal Court action I had to mediate between my rival, a vassal, and..um...myself. I actually sat on my throne and recognized myself in front of me. I ruled against myself and got a -20 opinion against myself.

CK 2/3 events working as usual, then. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on February 18, 2022, 09:19:40 AM
So in my first Royal Court action I had to mediate between my rival, a vassal, and..um...myself. I actually sat on my throne and recognized myself in front of me. I ruled against myself and got a -20 opinion against myself.

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on February 18, 2022, 09:18:20 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2022, 05:17:00 AM
I've played about 100 years in my new run and have gone through about 4 rulers. Of those 4, I have had two that have gotten events about incest: one my gay character who wanted to make a move on his brother but I prevented it and one where my character hit on her grandson who caught her masturbating with a shoe. Of course, he was the 4th character that caught her getting it on with inanimate objects.

Feels like incest is happening a little too frequently. And while my last ruler was lustful (so I guess that's why the endless masturbstion), not sure the role playing charm in reading about her repeatedly being caught.

Masturbating is a thing?

Apparently :(

Though also not a voluntary thing...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on February 18, 2022, 10:01:51 AM

If it becomes compulsory, maybe time to see a therapist?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

When settling down for a drawn out annoying war with your almost evenly matched brother post-succession, it's pretty satisfying to find out he's sleeping with a random courtier of his and blackmailing him to stop the war :)

Legbiter

Quote from: Legbiter on January 22, 2022, 12:40:02 AM
Yeah what's most shocking about medieval Icelandic literature is how much of it there is compared to our neighbors. The Icelandic medieval Old Norse corpus is several orders of magnitude greater than the entire output of the Danes, Norwegians and Swedes put together during the same period. Only the Francian medieval output matches us. Just imagine how many Marvel characters are missing.

The other miracle is that the Christian scribes writing our Sagas like Snorri Sturluson are not at all hung up about their pagan forefathers a couple of generations ago, but take pains to describe how honorable they were even if pagan. I just finished Eyrbyggja Saga a couple months back and I'm in awe of how subtle it is and how you can view what happens both ways.

Quote from: Tyr on January 23, 2022, 04:42:53 PMThey did fuck up their interpretation of the religion though. Turning Loki into a straight (or rather omnisexual) devil for instance

Sorry for the late reply but wtf are you on about? Have you ever read a Saga in your life?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on February 18, 2022, 10:01:51 AM
Quote from: Josephus on February 18, 2022, 09:18:20 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2022, 05:17:00 AM
I've played about 100 years in my new run and have gone through about 4 rulers. Of those 4, I have had two that have gotten events about incest: one my gay character who wanted to make a move on his brother but I prevented it and one where my character hit on her grandson who caught her masturbating with a shoe. Of course, he was the 4th character that caught her getting it on with inanimate objects.

Feels like incest is happening a little too frequently. And while my last ruler was lustful (so I guess that's why the endless masturbstion), not sure the role playing charm in reading about her repeatedly being caught.

Masturbating is a thing?

Apparently :(

Cool and my latest ruler was caught masturbating with an animal skin.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

I'm hearing on a CK forum on Facebook that there are wars now over artifacts? So kingdoms go to war because one king wants a spear? Haven't seen that yet; but I think that can be quite stupid, no?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on February 19, 2022, 08:46:42 AM
I'm hearing on a CK forum on Facebook that there are wars now over artifacts? So kingdoms go to war because one king wants a spear? Haven't seen that yet; but I think that can be quite stupid, no?

Yep, just like it sounds. And even barring that, there are many people in your dynasty who will get pissed off (I think -60 relations) if you won't give them an artifact they have a claim on.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on February 19, 2022, 08:49:40 AM

Yep, just like it sounds. And even barring that, there are many people in your dynasty who will get pissed off (I think -60 relations) if you won't give them an artifact they have a claim on.

Not liking that at all.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Solmyr

There were probably dumber reasons for wars in actual history.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on February 19, 2022, 10:05:42 AM

In actually history, you could achieve more than just an initial war goal...

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on February 19, 2022, 10:56:12 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on February 19, 2022, 10:05:42 AM

In actually history, you could achieve more than just an initial war goal...

Yeah...you could fight a five year war, have thousands dead, hundreds of gold pieces lost, and end up with a nice sword at the end. Would be easier to just forge one.
Civis Romanus Sum

crazy canuck

garbon

As seen on the forum.

QuoteMy only complaint about Royal Court was the sheer amount of bugs and how frequently I can come across them even if a lot of them were minor ones. I just hope this doesn't become a trend where another major publisher starts launching titles/dlcs with massive bugs, I certianly would hate to see PDX fall into that category.

:hmm: