News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 01, 2022, 10:11:24 AMQueen of England should be able to muster a formidble army. Just join your father's civil wars if you think he'll lose.

You'd think so, but she only has one county and 6500 troops at the moment (1100 AD), while as Francia I had 30k+. :D

Dad has died shortly after (died of old age at 64; he created the Empire), and my brother Gelduin is on the throne of the Empire now. And - yay - he's gone lunatic. And his heir is vengeful/sadistic/impatient. I'd murder my way through the succession line, but Gelduin has a total of 6 kids so far and shows no signs of stopping. I will get the Kingdom of Lotharingia eventually, and I can add some de jure duchies in Britain to my current title, but I will have to keep an eye out for opportunities for now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Anyways, I'm starting a cadet branch and embrace anglo-saxon culture. Esp. after seeing how my brother gave away the counties I've been building into the most developed in France over the past 200+ years and moving to some underdeveloped backwater counties in Southern France. :weep:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Your core domain is really the source of your power and needs to be kept at all costs.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on October 02, 2022, 01:45:19 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 01, 2022, 10:11:24 AMQueen of England should be able to muster a formidble army. Just join your father's civil wars if you think he'll lose.

You'd think so, but she only has one county and 6500 troops at the moment (1100 AD), while as Francia I had 30k+. :D

Dad has died shortly after (died of old age at 64; he created the Empire), and my brother Gelduin is on the throne of the Empire now. And - yay - he's gone lunatic. And his heir is vengeful/sadistic/impatient. I'd murder my way through the succession line, but Gelduin has a total of 6 kids so far and shows no signs of stopping. I will get the Kingdom of Lotharingia eventually, and I can add some de jure duchies in Britain to my current title, but I will have to keep an eye out for opportunities for now.

Just murder that heir then. A more balanced heir, you'll be able to keep on the throne.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Too late. :P Also, turns out setting the realm laws so that vassals can't declare wars was in hindsight a bad move before switching characters. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Nevermind, all good. After my shitty nephew took over when my brother died "under mysterious circumstances", he had shitty piety. So I had him excommunicated, started a claimant faction, got allies, and then took over. Hooray!
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

So my nephew's daughters still hold titles. And it's like something from a Disney movie or fairy tale. One is deeceitful, sadistic, vengeful, while the other is humble, honest and gregarious.

Their dad (sadistic, vengeful, impatient, irritable, excommunicated) apparently had his wife divorce him ("former spouse") - she's now married to a baron.

He remarried, though:

Turns out his new wife is the last wife's bastard daughter from another guy, and half-sister to his daughters.  :zipped:

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

It's known as Crusader Kinks for a reason.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Of course. :D

(And I have betrothed my youngest son to my grand-niece, after all.)

Of course this whole sequence of events has meanwhile coalesced into a narrative. My father, looking at how his lineage developed, crusaded in England and put me on the throne there to keep me out of the court situation that was shaping up and create a fail-safe. So when my nephew murdered my brother to steal his throne, I was in a position of power to quickly bring an end to his reign. Clearly the old man (i.e. me) has been playing some 5D chess. :smarty: :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on October 03, 2022, 04:37:55 AMOf course. :D

(And I have betrothed my youngest son to my grand-niece, after all.)

Of course this whole sequence of events has meanwhile coalesced into a narrative. My father, looking at how his lineage developed, crusaded in England and put me on the throne there to keep me out of the court situation that was shaping up and create a fail-safe. So when my nephew murdered my brother to steal his throne, I was in a position of power to quickly bring an end to his reign. Clearly the old man (i.e. me) has been playing some 5D chess. :smarty: :P

Were you able to get your capital counties back?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Not yet. My daughter was married to the duke holding them now. She begged me to help her escape him, which I tried, so he's now my nemesis. I've also denounced him, so I can try to revoke his title (he wasn't my direct vassal and I didn't have a claim otherwise). As soon as I help my vassal in England kick out the Scots I will revoke his title and then kick his butt in battle.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Screwed by inheritance with the game creating another kingdom and separating who gets what vassals very strangely.

Sad between CK2 and 3 they didn't make the obvious change of making different titles work differently even if held by the same person- e.g. Duke of Normandy, under the King of France, and King of Ireland.

Patchwork maps are way too common with random counties owned by foreign kingdoms.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Dunno, after 260 or so years it's not so bad in my game (vanilla). Sure, many smaller entities, but no Sweden in Africa or some such. However, I've set the enclave rules so that they're lost if they're not connected by sea and more than one province away from the capital. Galicia in the Iberian peninsula is about the most egregious example (and I think I selected players being excluded from the exclave rule, not sure though). And I do think you can have different inheritance rules for different titles, too, incl. various electives.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

Damascusid  :bleeding:

This thread and the latest videos by ItalianSpartacus really make me want to fire up this game soon. :ph34r:

crazy canuck

Thanks for the tip Tamas, I did have an old mode causing the problems.

Had a hoot taking this for a spin again.