News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US abandoning Kurds in Syria

Started by Maladict, October 07, 2019, 06:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

This is basically a 5 day ultimatum to flee the area unless I misunderstand something.

Also, something no one here brought up, Trump needs name plaques to tell who is who. I saw on twitter a comparison shot with Obama, Bush 43, and Clinton giving similar meetings,  no names necessary for them.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

One thing is sure, if you are in the Middle East and you have no qualms about methods employed, you should be looking to team up with Russia, not the USA. sure, Putin probably extorted a heavy price for it but then stuck with Assad through thick and thin, shelling civilians in unison. Now that's an ally. Big contrast to trusting your safety to your ally who just then packs up and leaves you in deep, ethnic cleansing shit overnight.

Syt

Well, you can't put Mediterranean naval bases just anywhere. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 17, 2019, 10:28:39 AMThose heads bowed in shame as they tacitly agree with Pelosi while Donald is clearly about to start yelling obscenities  :lol:

That the WH also released this expecting people to think it makes Pelosi look bad and Donald look presidential is beyond words.

It's official, we live in a meme.  :mellow: :thumbsup:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Tamas

Not really. On the WH photo, it is the sitting guy who is hysterical, and the pointing lady who is calm.

Razgovory

So it looks like Erdogan has played the same trick as Kim Jong-un.  Lie to Trump and then go do whatever the fuck they want.  Trump won't do anything because that would be proof he failed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
7m
Just spoke to President @RTErdogan of Turkey. He told me there was minor sniper and mortar fire that was quickly eliminated. He very much wants the ceasefire, or pause, to work. Likewise, the Kurds want it, and the ultimate solution, to happen. Too bad there wasn't this thinking years ago. Instead, it was always held together with very weak bandaids, & in an artificial manner. There is good will on both sides & a really good chance for success. The U.S. has secured the Oil, & the ISIS Fighters are double secured by Kurds & Turkey I have just been notified that some European Nations are now willing, for the first time, to take the ISIS Fighters that came from their nations. This is good news, but should have been done after WE captured them. Anyway, big progress being made!!!!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Grey Fox

What are the conditions to invade another NATO member?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

chipwich

Have an army and navy worth a dann.

FunkMonk

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/18/erdogan-trump-turkey-syria-050796

QuoteErdogan reportedly threw the letter in the trash upon receiving it.

"For our relationship, there's no point to dwell on this letter," Erdogan told reporters on Friday. "This is not a priority for us, but when the time comes, we would like it to be known that we will take the necessary steps."

Lmao

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maladict

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 18, 2019, 11:27:15 AM
What are the conditions to invade another NATO member?

Some Greeks in Turkish uniforms attacking a radio station in Rhodes.

Razgovory

You know, the phrase "ultimate solution" is probably not the best thing you can use in this situation.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/18/opinion/trump-turkey-kurds-syria.html

An opinion piece from a Captain who was stationed in Syria.  He had assured the US Kurdish allies that the US would not abandon them.  Now he fears the men he spoke to are dead.

Valmy

I will believe the military is turning against Trump when Syt's family does.

I get that they probably will never support my party, but if they could at least get him removed and replaced with at least a normal conservative that would be great.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."