Jaron and Meri meet up AAR

Started by merithyn, August 07, 2019, 10:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2019, 11:16:24 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 07, 2019, 11:14:51 PM
Is he really a Mormon?

If he went to a place to drink beer he is not a very good one :P

He is not! However, he also didn't drink.  :)

Glad he is doing alright. What is so hard about remembering your password? I have the same one I had back in 2003.

No idea. But it seems to be a regular thing.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 08, 2019, 06:28:04 AM
What did you eat?

No way my name came up.

He had beef strogonoff. I had chicken with a blackberry sauce. Mine was delicious.  :mmm:

And yes, your name did, in fact, come up. :)

merithyn

Grey Fox

Quote from: merithyn on August 08, 2019, 08:01:07 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 08, 2019, 06:28:04 AM
What did you eat?

No way my name came up.

He had beef strogonoff. I had chicken with a blackberry sauce. Mine was delicious.  :mmm:

And yes, your name did, in fact, come up. :)

That's sounds nice.

:cry:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2019, 11:16:24 PM
What is so hard about remembering your password? I have the same one I had back in 2003.

Same :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Even if you didn't remember your password, how hard is it to register as Jaron1?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on August 08, 2019, 09:35:13 AM
Even if you didn't remember your password, how hard is it to register as Jaron1?

Are new registrations still allowed?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Registration appears to be disabled. Perhaps it should be turned back on.

We'll get more Russians, but that's the American way.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Look guys if Languish is to remain a shambling zombie and not an inanimate carbon rod it needs to at least allow our existing members to post :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on August 08, 2019, 09:58:29 AM
Look guys if Languish is to remain a shambling zombie and not an inanimate carbon rod it needs to at least allow our existing members to post :P

Yes, let's sort out Jaron's access!

On the other hand, opening us up to an invasion of bots is not a good idea. We are never going to have any genuinely new posters. Forums such as these are an obsolete way of discussion and community-building.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on August 08, 2019, 10:58:14 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 08, 2019, 09:58:29 AM

Yes, let's sort out Jaron's access!

On the other hand, opening us up to an invasion of bots is not a good idea. We are never going to have any genuinely new posters. Forums such as these are an obsolete way of discussion and community-building.

Eh we are too old and cranky to tolerate new members. Kids today have their shitty Discord and Twitter and Reddit. They need to get that shit off my lawn.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on August 07, 2019, 11:23:56 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2019, 11:23:31 PM
Jaron is 39?  Damn. Glad you two met up and had fun :cheers:
you all is old.

God, I turned 38 last Tuesday.  How fucking miserable.  I think the only one of us under 30 is garbon and he's been 29 for nearly a decade.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Jaron still looks like a slimmer Maradona. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points