News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Jaron and Meri meet up AAR

Started by merithyn, August 07, 2019, 10:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

I am in Salt Lake City overnight for work, so I sent a message to Jaron to see about getting together. We decided on dinner my first night in town (tonight). He suggested a brewery called Bohemian Brewery. It's a German-themed place with really good beer. At least, the one I had was really good.

Conversation was nearly all about Languishites. If you still post, your name came up. Hell, chances are good that even if you don't still post your name came up.

Mostly we talked about how people have changed over the years. Jaron was 23 when he first joined Languish after the great exodus, and he's 39 now. He's working as a PM having gotten his degree in history. Not at all where I would have put him 10 years ago, but he seems really happy.

He keeps up with a bunch of people on Facebook. Like a number of people, he has lost his Languish password so while he lurks on occasion, he's not likely to be on as Jaron for a while.

I convinced him to take a selfie, but without the sign. Ah well. Maybe next time.

http://imgur.com/a/8MtJK1y
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 07, 2019, 11:14:51 PM
Is he really a Mormon?

If he went to a place to drink beer he is not a very good one :P

Glad he is doing alright. What is so hard about remembering your password? I have the same one I had back in 2003.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

If his ass uttered my name he is in dire trouble :angry:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Jaron is 39?  Damn. Glad you two met up and had fun :cheers:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2019, 11:23:31 PM
Jaron is 39?  Damn. Glad you two met up and had fun :cheers:
you all is old.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: merithyn on August 07, 2019, 10:59:35 PM
He's working as a PM having gotten his degree in history.

huh.  Would've figured him for OE, go figure.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

PRC

Isn't there an automated forgotten password link he could receive when trying to login to the forum?  ...Or perhaps he's lost access to the original email he signed up with. 

Maximus

Quote from: katmai on August 07, 2019, 11:20:30 PM
If his ass uttered my name he is in dire trouble :angry:
I mean, if anyone's ass utters your name they are in dire trouble.

katmai

Grey Fox

What did you eat?

No way my name came up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Rex Francorum

To rent

mongers

Nice meet up for two of our Languish stalwarts.  :cool:

How could most of the conversation be about anything else.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"