News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Jaron and Meri meet up AAR

Started by merithyn, August 07, 2019, 10:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on August 08, 2019, 08:35:22 PM
Did I: come up

Yep! Talked about our visit to the armor museum in Boston! And that you've remarried.  :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on August 08, 2019, 11:58:18 PM
Yep! Talked about our visit to the armor museum in Boston! And that you've remarried.  :ph34r:
He had to have known that. :hmm:  We talk on FB on occasion and I swear he commented on some of my wedding stuff...
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

saskganesh

Fuck happy. Is he still a jerk?
humans were created in their own image

merithyn

No, you know, I don't think he is. He seemed kind of remorseful that so many on here dislike(d) him. And honestly, in person, he's a pretty nice guy.

Given that I was one of those who didn't really care for him much, this is high praise.

Legbiter

It's always been great fun to meet fellow languishites. Glad you had fun.  :thumbsup:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Yeah. One thing I remember about the Chicago meet is you were super pissed about something Jaron had said on Languish.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Let him back in already. Even Marty is still logging in.

The Brain

I've never had any problems with Jaron. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on August 10, 2019, 03:47:29 PM

Nor I.  In fact, back when everyone was giving out points, he got The Grumbler Point.

I regarded him as mischievous but not at all malicious.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on August 10, 2019, 03:51:26 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 10, 2019, 03:47:29 PM

Nor I.  In fact, back when everyone was giving out points, he got The Grumbler Point.

I regarded him as mischievous but not at all malicious.

Yeah.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: Legbiter on August 10, 2019, 11:41:26 AM
It's always been great fun to meet fellow languishites. Glad you had fun.  :thumbsup:

Indeed.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: Maladict on August 10, 2019, 01:46:22 PM
Let him back in already. Even Marty is still logging in.

He's not banned. He just forgot his password and doesn't want to bother sending a message to vonMoltke. He visits as a guest.

OttoVonBismarck

I always liked Jaron. This thread definitely brings back some memories to the early 2000s when I was a lot more active and in-touch with all the posters here, it makes me feel old to think Jaron is 39 as I remember him being one of our younger posters.