News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Time.... to die. RIP Roy Batty

Started by Maladict, July 24, 2019, 12:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Rutger Hauer, greatest Dutch actor, dies aged 75.

Duque de Bragança

:(

Dammit, did not know he was that old.
RIP Martin.

PS: same as celedhring, in 2019 now that's sad irony.
Who's left in the Netherlands known abroad? Jeroen Krabbé?

celedhring

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 24, 2019, 12:12:41 PM

Is he still known abroad? Carice van Houten is probably the most famous one at the moment, even though she is a mediocre actress at best.

fromtia

"I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate."

So Long Roy.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 24, 2019, 12:12:41 PM

Of non-footballers? Paul Verhoeven.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2019, 12:36:33 PM
Lost, like tears in rain. :(

Let's hope that moment is not lost in time. The perfect actor for that role - rip

grumbler

Rutger Hauer was one of those actors I liked to watch even in his bad movies.  RIP
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maladict

A line from his obituary: "because of his distinctive appearance he was often cast as a villain, a psychopath or a German."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maladict on July 24, 2019, 02:22:39 PM
A line from his obituary: "because of his distinctive appearance he was often cast as a villain, a psychopath or a German."

A little redundant, no?

Syt

Quote from: Maladict on July 24, 2019, 02:22:39 PM

I did like his performance as Sturmbannführer März in Fatherland. :unsure:

(Though the book was a lot better than the film.)
—Stephen Jay Gould

PRC

Blade Runner, the Hitcher, Ladyhawke were all memorable movies for me growing up. More recently the Mill and the Cross with him was awesome.