News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best climate

Started by Grinning_Colossus, May 23, 2019, 12:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these inscrutable combinations of letters represents your ideal climate?

Af
0 (0%)
Am
0 (0%)
Aw/As
1 (4%)
BWh
0 (0%)
BWk
0 (0%)
BSh
1 (4%)
BSk
0 (0%)
Csa
0 (0%)
Csb
6 (24%)
Csc
0 (0%)
Cwa
0 (0%)
Cwb
0 (0%)
Cwc
0 (0%)
Cfa
3 (12%)
Cfb
10 (40%)
Cfc
0 (0%)
Dsa
0 (0%)
Dsb
0 (0%)
Dsc
2 (8%)
Dsd
0 (0%)
Dwa
0 (0%)
Dwb
0 (0%)
Dwc
0 (0%)
Dwd
0 (0%)
Dfa
1 (4%)
Dfb
1 (4%)
Dfc
0 (0%)
Dfd
0 (0%)
ET
0 (0%)
EF
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Admiral Yi

You've got to be joking.

Richard Hakluyt

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grinning_Colossus

60% of people so far enjoy getting drenched in sweat when they take a short walk on an unbearably humid summer day.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Eddie Teach

Take your walk in the morning in the summer.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Dfb.
Real winters are nice.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Csb, which is a slightly milder version of what I have right now (csa). But Med climates rule.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on May 23, 2019, 01:41:40 AM
60% of people so far enjoy getting drenched in sweat when they take a short walk on an unbearably humid summer day.

Not my reading of a Cfb climate  :hmm:

Syt

That's Cfa, not Cgb. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sophie Scholl

Dsc = Mediterranean-influenced subarctic climate; coldest month averaging below 0 °C (32 °F) (or −3 °C (27 °F)) and 1–3 months averaging above 10 °C (50 °F). At least three times as much precipitation in the wettest month of winter as in the driest month of summer, and driest month of summer receives less than 30 mm (1.2 in).
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Razgovory

That's what it's like in Scotland?  I live in area where you get drenched in sweat when you walk on a an unbearably humid summer day.  You walk out side and it feels like someone just threw hot soup in your face.  Glasses fog up immediately.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

Quote from: celedhring on May 23, 2019, 02:03:22 AM
Csb, which is a slightly milder version of what I have right now (csa). But Med climates rule.

This, first choice would be Csb. The climate I have (Cfb) suits me fine, though.

Richard Hakluyt

Med climates are great and were my favourite when I was younger; the downside is that things get a bit dessicated in summer, I love all the beautiful green and cool shade we have here in Lancashire in summer.